Acai Alaska

Contact 907-333-2224

750 W Dimond Blvd Ste 113, Anchorage, Alaska, USA, 99515

Serves meat, vegan options available. Acai bowls and smoothies place also offering a few meal items like hummus sandwich, quinoa and beans, and soup. Tropics themed lounge area. Current owners since Dec 2011 who switched to not pure veg. Open Mon-Fri 7:00am-7:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-5:00pm.

Category: American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Kauakena

Amazing acai bowls - Edit

I've never been a big fan of acai bowls but theirs are great! I had the Maui Wowie and they were very accommodating and made sure their granola didn't have honey in it. When I asked for no chocolate almonds, they let me sub for something else no problem.

delicious smoothies - Edit

My partner and I ordered only smoothies, and each was phenomenal. I ordered a smoothie with cacao, and my partner ordered a berry smoothie. Both were filling and tasty!

Pros: Delicious smoothies, Filling smoothies

Cons: Location is out of the way

Yum - Edit

I like this place a lot . The acai boul was a great way to get fruit in anchorage. The guy behind the counter was friendly and helpful with my wife's and my own orders. There's 3 bases and endless toppings. The basic boul has the base and 3 toppings and there's an unlimited boul. The large unlimited tops out at 11 bucks. I dident see any sandwiches but there was a place for them I think. It felt like a Hawaiian get away. Very nice I want another one now.

Pros: Super foods, Friendly, Hawaii

Cons: 11 dollars large

Great place.... not exactly a restaurant - Edit

This is a difficult review to write. Let me begin here... I like this place and i had a few thoroughly enjoyable experiences here. That being said, it is not exactly a restaurant.Besically there are 2 options here. The first and main options are the Acai bowls which come in different variations and flavors and can be filled with various toppings for approximately 7 dollars you get a decent portion but while it did slightly fill me when i was really hungry it was NOT like a meal, it was more like a heavy frozen yogurt that i would get for a dessert.

The second option are the cold vegan dishes that they sell. I tried the Quinoua redoubt sandwich (very tasty) and the Meditereanean Pasta (fairly bland and uninteresting). The problem with both though, i only noticed after eating when i saw that they were not made there, but made in places which seem to have meat also.

With that in mind, this is ALASKA. And this is the only vegetarian place in the city which comprises half of the state's population. That being said i feel that Acai Alaska can fill a big hole in anchorages dining options and has already filled a few hunger pangs in my tummy.

It is hard to rate this as i see it as more of a dessert place selling a few already prepared entrees than as a restaurant but that being said the service puts this place at 4 stars. They were courteous friendly and extremely helpful, even offering us better tourist advice than our hotel. They also opened the store after closing hours especially for me and they were really there when i needed them. Thanks Acai Alaska!

Pros: Great service, Awesome desserts, Only game in town

Cons: Not enough entree options, Entrees probbly not prepared on premises

A refreshing addition to the Anchorage area - Edit

They are not completely vegan because some of the wraps have cheese in them. The owners are vegan and so I see them either eliminating the cheese or going with Daiya cheese. Call ahead or order when you get there. Orders never take long to prepare. Click on their name here on Happy Cow and you'll see a video and photos of what they offer which is a lot considering their menu revolves around the Acai berry. You can also order and receive your Full Circle Farm orders which is just another reason to visit them and get a healthy Acai bowl. Very friendly staff/owners.

Pros: Terra Bellas also carries their bowls, They do deliver, Uses Earth Friendly Containers

Cons: Acai Alaska is located in S. Anchorag

Return to Anchorage Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Acai Alaska closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2103 times since May 2010.