Aangenaam

0031-0235317403

Kleine Houtstraat 105 Zwart, Haarlem, Netherlands, 2011DK

Serves meat, vegan options available. Organic restaurant using fair-trade products. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Menu includes 4-5 vegetarian mains; vegan food can be arranged upon request. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out, European, Dutch, Non-veg

Great vibe, nice food - Edit

This restaurant has a great vibe and style and was full of people late on a Monday night when we were there. When I asked about vegan options, the waitress didnt look at me strangely, which was a nice change and she told me which of the menu items were vegan or coukd be made vegan. There were lots of vegetarian options and two or three options that were vegan. I chose a curry that came with Indian bread. We got complenetary bread to start which was really nice. The curry I ordered had great flavour, however i was disappointed it did not come with the Indian bread and when i asked about it I was told it was not vegan so they didn't include it. Disappointing it could not have been made up specially but overall a nice place to eat out. Friendly wait staff.

Pros: Good vegetarian options, Great atmosphere

Cons: Not many vegan options

Beanna 05 Dec 2016 - Naan Breads are usually not vegan, sometimes Rotis are also not vegan as they contain ghee.
The only Indian bread that is consistently vegan are Chapatis. Just make sure you ask they be cooked in vegetable oil.

Return to Haarlem Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Aangenaam closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.