5 Borough Bagels

515-809-1807

13435 University Ave Ste 300, Clive, Iowa, USA, 50325

Serves meat, vegan options available. New York Style bagel place with vegan bagels and 2 tofu-based bagel spreads: spinach artichoke and cinnamon walnut. Could build your own bagel sandwich. Open Mon-Fri 6:30am-3:00pm, Sat-Sun 8:00am-2:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by shafess

Good, but seemed unprepared for a morning rush - Edit

We got there around 10:30 on a Saturday morning, and almost all of the bagels were out already, so our options were limited. There were two tofu spreads--a cinnamon walnut and spinach artichoke (or something like that). I tried the spinach artichoke (because there weren't any bagels left that went with cinnamon walnut), and it was really good, though super garlicky. I tasted garlic for hours after.

We also ordered coffees, which can be made with nondairy milk for an upcharge. The place was pretty busy, but even with a lot of staff, it was slow. We finished out bagels before we even got our coffee.

Pros: Vegan "cream cheese" spread

Cons: Ran out of product, Slow service, Upcharge for vegan options

VEGAN BAGELS! - Edit

I was so excited when the tofu based spreads became available. I visited Madison, WI recently and they had a NY style bagel place with a tofu based cream cheese spread that was delicious. I requested to 5 Borough Bagels that they try something similar, and within a couple weeks, they did! Not saying it was entirely my doing, but either way, I'm happy. Both flavors are super delicious, and while I'd love for their everything bagel to be vegan (all seeded bagels have an egg-wash), the vegan bagels they do have are well made and tasty. Extremely friendly staff and cute vibe.

Pros: Great staff, Cute vibe, Delicious vegan spreads and bagels

Cons: Nothing!

Return to Clive Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has 5 Borough Bagels closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.