24 Carrots

Contact 480-753-4411

1701 E Guadalupe Rd, Tempe, Arizona, USA, 85283

Relocated from Chandler fall of 2013. Providing cooked vegan as well raw food meals, juices, vegan bakery treats and desserts. Open Tue-Sat 8:00am-7:00pm, Sun 8:00am-2:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Raw, Juice bar, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by Sportyvegan

Best Raw Spot - Edit

24 Carrots is probably one of the best vegan restaurants I have ever been to. The juice, the smoothies and the incredibly flavorful menu. I do wish the prices weren't so painful on the wallet, however I do respect quality. Personal favorites: PB&B smoothie and the bountiful raw wrap in a collard. Plenty of raw options on the menu.

They have a daily rotating specials menu which includes a daily quesadilla, it doesn't get much better than that.

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-17

Pros: Delicious menu, Full Juice & Smoothie bar

Cons: Pricey

delicious!! - Edit

I'm in love with 24 carrots!! I would go there every day if it weren't so pricy. Their buffalo cauliflower wrap is my favorite next to their philly cheese sandwich.

Pros: local, raw, vegan, organic

Cons: expensive

Yummy Option - Edit

I really want to love this place. Their food is good, but their portions are just too small for the price. After eating dinner here twice, we still had to go and eat again later. The food is locally sourced and well made, but I would like a little more on my plate or a bit lower prices. Us Vegans eat A LOT!

Pros: 100% Vegan, Raw Options , Vegan Dessert

Cons: Expensive , Small Portions

Amazing food! - Edit

I've been wanting to visit for a long time and can't believe it took me so long! The food was amazing and fresh. I had a terrible time choosing what I wanted. Too many choices for me, so I will have to come back more often.

I had the enchiladas and my husband had the weekly burger special. Next time in I will have to try a raw dish. I'll look forward to my next visit.

My 24 Carrot Meal was More Like 10 Carrots - Edit

Maybe I went on an off day, because when I visited 24 Carrots half of my order was altered from what I read on the menu. I wish the raw chef had informed me instead of making substitutions.

So if you're a picky eater like me, I suggest you check to be sure that the items you order are available.

This is what I had:
1. Raw jalapeno poppers - pieces of bell pepper stuffed with spicy almond "cheese" and dried cranberries atop field greens.
Very tasty. I think there were four poppers but unfortunately the almond spread wasn't thick enough to stay in the pepper. As I bit, it dribbled all over my shirt and crotch. Mmmm spicy cheese crotch! Eating on the run is a messy business.

2. Zucchini Noodle salad - spiralized zucchini, veggies, and seed medley atop field greens with choice of tahini or balsamic dressing.
Well that zucchini wasn't the only thing spiraling because the meal started to spiral downwards. I didn't see anything resembling a seed medley, and my request for tahini dressing went to no avail. Whatever I got tasted like vinaigrette. Not like. Not happy. So I was left with a beautiful salad of hard veggies that I was no longer interested in eating.

3. Raw Tacos - cabbage cups, walnut meat, avocado, salsa, veggies, cashew cream, and comes with a side.
I wasn't given cabbage cups, I was given a couple of flat dehydrated rounds that were used as soft taco shells. They tasted like beans. If you like beans, this will probably be your thing. I DID NOT like it. Also, the walnut meat was a fail for me. From how it tasted, the nuts had been soaked and then mixed with something (not sure what). I would have rather been given plain raw walnuts. And to add insult to injury the avocado slice was badly bruised. The chef should have thrown it out! Not happy with that melange.

4. Bountiful burger - butternut burger, spiced cranberry chutney, kale slaw, choice of bun or bed of greens, and comes with a side.
I was really looking forward to this butternut. I assumed it was butternut squash. Well you know what they say happens when you assume. I have no idea what part of the patty was butternut because all I could taste were beans. Again, if you like beans....this is your dish. The flavor was there, but the beans were a no go for me.

So this meal left me depressed. I think it would have been wonderful if only I was given the ingredients that I ass u me'd would have been available.

Pros: Raw food, Colourful

Cons: Unique choices

Local juice shop with good vegan food - Edit

This is the only place in town to get organic green juice. The food is great and the restaurant has a fun community atmosphere that makes you want to spend the whole day there, reading, eating, and getting desert. All vegan, no white sugar in the deserts.

good food. - Edit

My wife enjoyed this place more than me but I found it clean and the food good. The dessert (chocolate cake) was really good and the staff were friendly. I had the Buffalo cauliflower wrap, it was ok. My wife loved her wrap. My kid had a warm bowl. She liked it and it was a huge portion she couldn't finish. They forgot the girls smoothies but happily made them up quickly when we asked. A good place. I'd go back.

Pros: friendly. , nice variety of food, clean, large inviting space

Amazing Vegan Food - Edit

Everything that I have tried has been amazing. They have plenty of raw options if you prefer and hot food as well. I have been there for breakfast and dinner, both were great. Their breakfast burritos are great and big enough for two people.

I wish that my work travel schedule took me to Tempe more often. The food is great, the restaurant is very clean and the staff is super nice and well informed.

If only there was one in my hometown of Melbourne, FL.

Pros: Clean, Raw Options, Friendly Staff

Cons: Closes at 6PM

So Fresh and so Clean, Clean! - Edit

We went here for Mother's Day brunch. The brunch specials included Berry Bliss French Toast, and Banana Fosters pancakes. As I looked around I saw some people with what looked like regular old wheat toast, topped with berries. I feared this was their version of french toast (but I never inquired) so I ordered Banana Foster pancakes and the Vegan Breakfast Burrito (sans the tortilla and cheese).

The pancakes were...weird. They did not taste like pancakes. At. All. It was like a funky dough, stuffed with bananas. I wondered if we were mistakenly given gluten free pancakes. Alas, I did not ask. The bananas were fresh, and it didn't taste "bad," just...weird. My brunch date had the Berry Me Alive smoothie, which she said was very good and satisfying.

My vegan breakfast burrito (naked)/bowl was very good! The spinach was fresh and raw, to my surprise. This gave an extra kick to an already flavorful bowl. It was perfectly seasoned and had lots of fresh veggies. (I keep saying fresh b/c it was SO fresh!) It was supposed to have bacon (tofu bacon) in it, but I did not see any bacon. I enjoyed it, nonetheless. Both of our dishes came with fresh fruit (in season oranges and strawberries; both sweet and delicious!)

We were given a personal pitcher of water for our table, which I love, because I drink lots of H2O.

The service was very friendly. Everyone was so nice. It was busy, but we were able to get an outside table.

It's located in a strip mall off of Guadalupe and McClintock. There was no main, overhead sign when I went, so I missed it from the street. Just go into the Trader's Joe's parking lot and drive past the Walgreens (or CVS), and it's in a corner to the left.

I will return to try some of their other menu offerings (I saw meatloaf!), and to ask about those "pancakes" which did not taste like pancakes.

Pros: flavorful burrito bowl, food was very fresh, friendly service

Cons: weird consistency pancakes, hard to find; no over-head sign, not cheap

Great Place - Edit

My wife and I were out photographing a wedding and we had time between the salon and getting ready at the hotel to get lunch. We found this hipster joint (which was right across the street from the salon) and said we had to try it. I had the breakfast burrito. A.Maze.Ing. So good. I can't wait to go back and then get to try something different from their menu!

Pros: Good food, Lots of options, Fresh, organic, fully vegan

Cons: Not enough menus when a line exists

Great Mix Of Healthy And Fun Vegan Food - Edit

Some of us have mixed groups of vegan friends. Those into it for the health aspects and those who got into it for ethical reasons. It's nice to find a restaurant I can take my super healthy wheat grass shot raw food wanting buddies or my friends that are perfectly ok with vegan french toast and a vegan cupcake. 24 Carrots caters to everyone from raw foodists to clean eaters all the way to those junk food loving vegans. The new location is big and spacious, food came out faster than it use to I think and it's just delicious.
Updated from previous review on Sunday March 30, 2014

Pros: Healthy Options, Delicious Not So Healthy Options, Great New Digs

Vegan Cafe Option - Edit

Having been to the original location several times, we recently tried the new one for the first time. It's larger than the other location with more seating and possibly more staff. We went for Sunday brunch about noon and unfortunately they were out of most brunch items. Our choices were french toast and carrot cake pancakes which we ordered. The pancakes were burned, the french toast was good but not a big portion. The service was not good and we had to ask twice for water. We really want to support vegan restaurants so we may try it again and report back.

Pros: Vegan food, Ample seating

Cons: Poor service

Loved it! - Edit

Surprised there aren't any reviews for this restaurant yet. I just arrived in Arizona and was looking for a vegan restaurant for lunch. I ordered the sushi (all vegan) and it was excellent. I would definitely order that the next time! I also had a kale salad which was awesome as well.

We went there a few days later (new years eve) but they had just closed for the night. I saw the owner walking out and she was very nice and talked to us about her restaurant. By talking to her, I got an even better impression of the restaurant.

Pros: Healthy, delicious, Friendly

Cons: limited hours

Return to Tempe Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has 24 Carrots closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5084 times since Dec 2013.