October 15, 2012Posted in: Meatless Monday, Recipes
This quick and easy recipe is perfect for dinner parties. This can be prepared within 20-30 minutes. The combination of the different ingredients makes this dish healthy and tasty; the vibrant colors makes this dish appealing. Enjoy!
1 block firm tofu
3 garlic cloves
1 medium red onion
2 green chili
1 small red bell pepper
1 1/2-tablespoon soy sauce
Ground black pepper
1. Cut the tofu into 1/2 inch cubes and fry in high fire until light brown. Set aside.
2. Cut onions and red bell pepper into 1/2 inch squares. Set aside.
3. Cut green chillis diagonally. Set aside.
4. Mince the garlic. Set aside.
5. In a pan, heat oil and sauté garlic until light brown. Add the onions and cook until the onion is transparent. Add bell pepper and green chillis.
6. When you start to smell the aroma of the bell pepper and chillis add a pinch of salt and 2 pinches of ground black pepper. Give it a quick stir.
7. Add the tofu. Adjust fire to high then add the soy sauce.Turn off fire as soon as tofu has absorbed the soy sauce.
8. Serve immediately.
Serves 2-3 people.
Comment via Facebook