Veg Topics: Famous Vegetarians

Alanis Morissette

Main List of Famous Vegans and Vegetarians

Alanis Morissette is a vegan singer and songwriter

Birth date: June 1, 1974
Birth place: Ottawa, Canada

Check out the Alanis Morissette Store here

Before she become a famous pop rock singer and songwriter in the United States, Alanis Nadine Morissette was a teenage star who recorded pop dance albums and acted in television in her birth country, Canada. Morissette was known to have acted in television soap opera show. Alanis Morissette's international debut album, Jagged Little Pill, was a best-selling and the highest selling debut album worldwide in music history. To date, she has released more albums and sold tens of millions of records worldwide. Morissette was once engaged to Canadian actor Ryan Reynolds. She resides in Los Angeles. VegSource:


Login to leave comments about Alanis Morissette

I've heard Alanis Morrisette songs played all the time in the early 2000s. I didn't really get into the music, but I liked her anyway. But, the juice is that I saw her once. I was taking care of a house that was up for sale, and Alanis and her then boyfriend drove up to the house to have a look. I couldn't believe it when she walked up and introduced herself to me! She was quite short and very friendly. She didn't buy that house. That's all.

In 2010 Alanis Morrisette married the father of her baby, "Souleye." I recognized his face from a photo online. "Souleye" performed at a club nearby my house with some local bands whose members we know. He rapped but I couldn't understand a word he said. Anyways, such a small world. How incredible that a young kid from the block gets hooked up and marries Alanis Morrisette! alanism80vegan Alanis Morissette is ‘About 80% Vegan’ by Amanda Just August 20, 2013 Gracing the cover of the July/August edition of Energy Times is rock legend, Alanis Morissette. In her interview with the healthy lifestyle publication, she shares her feelings and beliefs on a variety of topics, from yoga and body image to her love of cooking and her vegan-ish ways. Morissette believes in the healing power of food, saying she lives and eats with the idea of food as medicine. Her 3 1/2-year-old son, Ever, is vegan, but she herself is “about 80% vegan,” adding, “my vegan friends hate when I say that.” What makes up that remaining 20%? Seafood. “I eat a lot of fish. I’m obsessed with oysters,” she says. “I say that with a little bit of shame because I can hear my vegan friends “tssk tssking” right now.” Morissette was also greatly influenced by the plant-based diet research tome, “The China Study”, and books by renowned nutritarian, Joel Fuhrman, such as his well-known book, “Eat to Live”. As someone who had struggled with disordered eating in her past, Morissette likes the plant-based diet in that it focuses more on nutrients than calories. “Joel Fuhrman is really explicit on every nutrient and phytochemical found within the foods we eat, so I started viewing food as this sacred fuel that has to be delicious because sensuality is paramount to me… if the perception is that having a plant-based diet is somehow not delicious, we might benefit from throwing that on its head a little bit so we can get a little more creative in the kitchen and actually have veganism or a plant-based diet be identified more with deliciousness and sensuality.” And creative in the kitchen she is. Morissette explains in the interview that she loves to cook, especially ethnic dishes (“My greatest culinary joy is when I turn to my family or friends and say, “What country?””) and lots and lots of soups (“I’m obsessed with soups… In soups, you can bury some [healthy ingredients] that may not be the No. 1 choice.” To read more about Morissette’s views on nutrition, healing, attachment parenting, and her upcoming book, checking out the rest of the Energy Times’ interview.

Comments are not endorsed by HappyCow (terms)

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support