Zhong Liu Vegetarian

02-25165757

102, Longjiang Rd (at Nanjing E Rd Sec. 3), Taipei, Taiwan

眾流素食 offers a large menu. Has set meals as well a la carte; mock meats and fake sashimi. Several different dining areas including private areas for larger parties. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-2:00pm, 5:30pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, Chinese, Taiwanese

First Review by Bobozmom

Great menu and wonderful service! - Edit

Having visited for dinner one evening, we resolved to return one more time before leaving Taipei so opted for lunch.

The meal consisted of sweet and sour veggie pork, mushrooms in a light batter, some pancakes recommended by another customer with more mushrooms, and a "steak" dish. Everything was delicious and quickly gone.

Service here both times was great. The staff spoke little English although on the first night, there was a lady who spoke English very well and advised us on our order.

We were only sorry to have left this place so late in our visit as we would have loved to have gone back again!

Pros: Great menu!, Fab service!

Good food, bad service - Edit

The food is mostly excellent. I tried the sweet and sour mushroom pork, cabbage dumplings, eggplant, and kung pao chicken. I strongly recommend all of those dishes except for the kung pao chicken which I didn't enjoy because it has the awful "QQ" (gritty and hard to chew) texture that some people in Taiwan like.

One thing I didn't like about this restaurant was the service. The waitress was acting very strangely the whole time. She was staring at our table which make me feel a lack of privacy, and she was way too antsy about clearing the table when we weren't yet ready for the dishes to be taken away. She was also wearing some weird face mask (for hygienic reasons I guess) but it was unappetizing for me to see.

Anyway, enjoy the food and hope for a different server when you visit.

Pros: Good food

Cons: Bad/weird service

Vegetarian food to the next level - Edit

This is my favorite restaurant anywhere period! The food is as delicious as it is beautiful. The portions are generous and satisfying. The atmosphere is relaxed and welcoming. The service is friendly and fast. The menu is huge with a very diverse selection from set meals to alacarte orders. The prices are so affordable.
My husband and I actually book our Asia trips around this restaurant...finding flights with long layovers so that we can dine here or adding a stop in Taipei for lunch and dinner here. Yes the food is really that good! This is some wonderful Chinese/Taiwanese cuisine.

Pros: Delicious and affordable, beautiful presentation, Huge varied Asian menu, great service and staff, Great casual atmosphere food comes fast.

Return to Taipei Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zhong Liu Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.