Zachary’s Restaurant

831-427-0646

819 Pacific Ave (at Laurel St), Santa Cruz, California, USA, 95060

Serves meat, vegan options available. Serves all made-in-house breakfast and lunch since 1985 in downtown. Vegans can have the basic tofu scramble for breakfast, the tofu mess for brunch and a catalina veggie burger. Popular breakfast so expect a long line during peak hours. Open Tue-Sun 7:00am-2:30pm. Closed Mon.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by MattRuscigno

feather

Contributions +35

25 Sep 2018

Weren't very flexible - Edit

The tofu scramble option came with home fries and bread that wasn't vegan, when I asked that they substitute the bread for tomato slices they said the bread wasn't substitutable, but the home fries were. I asked what I could have that is vegan and they replied that they didn't have many vegan options and the server didn't offer up any substitutions, but stood there looking at me. So we paid for our teas and left.

One of the servers was a bit rude and when we were being seated that gave the experience a bad vibe from the start.

TobiSt

Contributions +33

25 Feb 2018

Best Vegan Scramble in SC - Edit

I live in Santa Cruz and have had tofu scrambles at pretty much every breakfast place that offers them; Zachary's is the best. I always get the tofu Mike's Mess without dairy and add avocado with a side of Miguel's salsa. It is delicious! Super flavorful and well seasoned. My non-vegan boyfriend also loves this place. Highly recommend!!

Pros: Delicious food

Cons: Not a lot of vegan options

MattRuscigno

Contributions +103

26 Dec 2017

meh - Edit

If you have to eat here for some reason there are options- just super basic and unimaginative: only tofu scramble or a veggie burger. Do have soymilk for coffee.

Pros: you won’t starve, breakfast potatoes are good, 1990’s feel

Cons: limited options, bland

Return to Santa Cruz Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zachary’s Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.