First Review by irar

Berkeley Vegan - Edit

I don't like the fake vegan cheese because of the fat, so I just get it on whole wheat with no cheese at all. It's delicious and the veggie burger crumbles are a nice addition. The pizza sauce is organic too.

Very Vegan-Friendly - Edit

I ordered a small cheese pizza with light cheese and extra sauce, and it tasted great (the small pizza is the perfect size for one person). I loved the crust and the tomato sauce, and both were delicious yet simple. The vegan cheese was good too. The person at the register was nice, and they take care to not cross-contaminate or mix up orders. My receipt had "(!!No Mozzarella!!)", "Vegan Cheese", and "***LIGHT VEGAN***".

I went with five non-vegans and they all agreed that it was some of the best pizza they had in a long time, so everyone was happy. They even thanked me for choosing Z Pizza for dinner.

Pros: vegan cheese , easy to customize the pizza, great if you're the only vegan

vegan pizza needs work - Edit

After reading the reviews for z pizza, I was anxious to try their Berkley vegan pizza. When the pizza arrived the center of the it was soggy, it was cooked well, but what caused the sogginess was a combination of the sauce, bad vegan cheese and sliced (salad type) tomatoes which were not seeded. This made the pizza disgusting. Won't be back.

Pros: vegan sausage

Cons: tomatoes, sauce, vegan cheese

The Vegan Options - Edit

ZPizza has a already made pie called Berkeley Vegan that was delicious. On top of that they have a make your own pie section of the menu which has a decent amount of Vegan options, such as Veggie Crumbles and Diaya Cheese. Food was Excellent

Pros: Vegan "meat"

Nice for vegans - Edit

My impression of Williamsburg was it's generally not very vegan-friendly, so I appreciated a restaurant that knows the meaning of the word. Would like to see more vegan choices on the menu, but with the basic ingredients--fake cheese, fake meat and veggies--they can probably do custom variations.

Pros: good pizza, surrounded by shops

Cons: small restaurant

Return to Williamsburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has zpizza closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1818 times since Apr 2011.