Z Pizza

Contact 703-600-1193

3217 Duke St, Alexandria, Virginia, USA, 22314

Serves meat, vegan options available. Part of pizza chain restaurant. While the menu is predominately meat, may offer a vegan cheese for pizza, or it may contain casein. The chain has stated that they will be changing their brand of vegan cheese soon. Their basil pesto sauce is apparently also NOT vegan.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Delivery, Take-out, Pizzeria, Non-veg

First Review by Bryce

Bomb (v) pizza - Edit

While Z Pizza only has one veg pizza option listed on the menu, you can sub veg cheese on any of their other options. Pizza is delicious and topped with lots of veggies and some faux meat.

Pros: vegan cheese, vegan meat, don't have to explain what vegan means

Cons: only one veg pizza option

Never Patronize this Establishment !!!!!!!!!!!! - Edit

Recently ordered (3) pizzas from Z's and none of the three were correct when delivered. We ordered the Tuscan without the feta cheese and with diaya cheese instead - after eating 1/2 of the pizza we found feta on the pizza. The second pizza was suppose to be the Berkeley with diaya - it only had about 10 small pieces of veggie crumbles on it and no other ingredients. The third pizza was suppose to be diaya cheese and veggie crumbles - they called to say that they were out of veggie crumbles (no kidding from what we saw of the second pizza described above) and we asked them what other faux meats they had - they suggested pepperoni (which there are vegan analogs of this do exist). Well, when we called to complain about the first 2 pizzas being wrong we found to our horror that the pepperoni was meat-based and not vegan. The terrible problem with this was that we were eating more of the third pizza because of the errors on the first two pizzas (feta cheese on the one and not the right pizza toppings on the other). My family has been vegan for 25 years and our daughter has never eaten meat - when we expressed our horror to this grave mistake the manager seemed to be apathetic and put the blame on to us saying that they don't serve vegan pepperoni. But we said that we had asked what other faux options there were for the veggie crumbles when they called us to say that they were out of them and they said pepperoni. We had to fight to get our money back for the three wrong pizzas - they didn't readily offer that as an option - but remember the manager didn't seem to care that all three pizzas were wrong and that two contained animal products. He finally said that we were going to be credited the amount on our credit card and when I asked what the amount was to make sure it was correct - he hung up on me. I still did not feel that he believed the pizzas were wrong, so we drove them over to the store and showed him each pizza and what was wrong and left them with him as we were not going to eat them. My daughter who had never eaten meat got sick to her stomach and threw up. I who had not eaten meat for 25 years had gastrointestinal issues for about 3 days after that. Now I understand why some vegans will only eat at vegan establishments because there can not be any mistakes and the people care!!!!! Save yourself from any problems and choose somewhere else to eat!!!!

Pros: none

Cons: apathetic, not vegan friendly, uncaring

I will never use z pizza again - Edit

The service I got from the employee at Z Pizza was worse than awful. First there was a language barrier, which I get. Of course I would hire English speakers for customer service, but that is just me. I would also hire employees who were courteous. [edit by staff] If you can put up with a bad atmosphere and crappy service for a premium price give them a shot. Personally I hate paying for a premium product only to be treated poorly.

If

Pros: Food

Cons: Staff, Atmosphere, Service

Love Z Pizza to my Door! - Edit

Recommended. Delivery is always tasty and hot. Very good quality ingredients. Favorite is the "Berkeley Vegan." Also enjoyed the "California" with special request vegan cheese. They also create with your own choices. Very happy to have vegan pizza delivery.

Pros: Quality is high, Taste is great, Delivery service reliable

Cons: More protein options please

Return to Alexandria Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Z Pizza closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.