First Review by AndyTheVWDude

Not bad - Edit

This is a nice busy restaurant with super helpful staff. I went on a Sunday night and had to wait 20 minutes for a table as on Sunday and Monday nights they offer 20% off meals and the place was packed.
I saw on the counter a card with definitions of vegetarian and vegan so that made me feel they were pro-active in considering their veg-n customers. The menu has vegetarian dishes clearly marked but when I said I was vegan they brought out a vegan menu. I was pleased about this but sad to see all the exciting food options were gone and the vegan menu was pretty basic. It is great to have a vegan menu, but the choices were plain. Also I had to pay $2 extra for the dishes I ordered to have tofu put in whereas if I had ordered the same dishes with chicken, there would have been no extra charge. Still, I have to say they were generous with the tofu.
I did ask if they could do some of the non vegan menu dishes as vegan but they said no as the pastes have non vegan ingredients in them. On one hand this is disappointing. On the other hand it is good the staff knew about this and were educated.
My meal was nice - not amazing - but nice. I like the atmosphere and might go back again as there are not many evening options for vegans in PN.

Pros: vegan menu, knowledgeable staff, good atmosphere

Cons: plain choices for vegans, tofu is an extra charge

Asian-fusion variety and very Vegan friendly..... - Edit

We've been here twice for dinner now and they have a large and varied menu with vegetarian choices clearly marked. Some of the mains are vegan already and the staff will happily modify some of the others to make them vegan on request. Options include noodles, stir-frys, satays, deep-fry, sushi, etc & there's a good drinks menu too

It's a large open-planned restaurant and can be quite noisy when full but it's also vibrant and popular and we enjoyed our meals here. Good prices and fast service.

Pros: Good variety, tasty food, Good portion sizes, Friendly staff and good prices

Return to Palmerston North Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Yeda closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.