Yamm

43-1-532-05-44

Universitätsring 10, Vienna, Austria, 1010 Wien

Yamm is a stylish and expansive (750 square meters) self service vegetarian restaurant. Offers a broad list of vegan dishes and an extensive wine list. Open Mon-Wed 8:00am-11:00pm, Thu 8:00am-12:00am, Fri-Sun 12:00am-1:00am, Fri-Sat 9:00am-12:00am, Sun 9:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Beer/Wine

First Review by judas_77

excellent brunch menue - Edit

Yes, it is a bit expensive. Therefore only 4 stars. But the vegan options at the brunch are excellent. All is very tasty. The vegan deserts are very good! The place is nice and big. The staff is helpful , good service. I would highly recommend this place also for Vegans.

Nothing special - Edit

This place is really big with inside and outside sitting. You can opt for self service or to order from the menu. In case you decide for self service, you are given a card to scan after you have weighed the food.
Vegan/vegetarian/gluten free options are clearly labelled.
There were more salad options than main dish options when I visited. The food is not bad, but really nothing special. You won't find here that "wow factor". So the price doesn't really justify what you get - I paid around 12 euros without dessert and drink included.

Pros: Good location, Nice decor, Self service

Cons: Expensive, Some staff members are not nice, Dessert and drinks are not self service

quality and it's price - Edit

The food there is absolutely delicious, I've been multiple times and they never fail to make my stomach very happy. Lots of exciting options.
The only thing is the price. A full, satisfying plate comes to at least 16€ and that's without any drinks.
At least the food always is of very high quality.

Pros: variety

Cons: high price

Vegan-friendly - Edit

I quickly learned in Vienna that if I wanted a good meal as a vegan, I should really find a vegetarian or vegan restaurant. The first restaurant I ate in was a disaster as I literally had bread and water whilst everybody else ate veal all around me. Needless to say, I was very happy to come across this place, which has a large buffet and wide selection of vegan friendly cakes. My omnivorous travelling companion was also happy with the choice on offer and could not belive my gateaux was vegan. Would return should I be in the area again.

Pros: Wide range of vegan options, Central location

Cons: A little on the pricey side

Vegetarian buffet - Edit

There were lots of choices and things marked as vegan. Quite pricey though my plate came to 18Euro and my partners was 22. The falafels are SUPER garlicky, I'm a big fan of garlic but this was major overkill!

Pros: variety

Cons: Price, Garlicky falafel

Great food and super friendly service - Edit

I really loved this restaurant and went there twice during my stay in Vienna. I think I had everything from the buffet that was vegan and gluten free. And they have quiet a few options. Also, great gluten free deserts.

Pros: many gluten free options

alles bestens - Edit

ich hab alles vom Buffet probiert und alles war fantastischsuperfein!ausserdem wird man hier sehr nett und aufmerksam bedient (nicht selbstverständlich schon gar nicht in Wien;-)

Not bad at all - Edit

We really enjoyed our meal here. Great open restaurant with good lighting for a relaxed conversation. Lots of options for vegans and I was careful not to overload the plate since one can suffer later. Buffet makes so much sense since it gives you control. The food was nicely spiced and we noted the different tastes. The local craft beer was excellent. The servers brought us the beer, coffee and dessert.

Pros: Good vegan food with lots of choice, Pleasant restaurant atmosphere , Helpful and attentive staff

modern and inventive but costly - Edit

creative and delicious creations. i like the food,
but to be honest, i dont like this weight&pay system

Cons: expensive

Not amazing - Edit

It seemed to be trying to copy Hiltl in Switzerland with a pay-by-weight buffet (a bit overpriced), except the food wasn’t that great and the selection wasn’t as good. The desserts were nice, if a little dry and crumbly. All items were clearly labeled.

Pros: Clearly labeled vegan items

Cons: Limited selection, Overpriced, Bland food

Great for every occasion - Edit

Yamm is really nice because you can have a casual lunch but also may celebrate your birthday there as the interior is quite chic.
The food is really tasty and sometimes spicy and they have a lot of vegan options ranging from salads and hot main dishes to cakes and desserts.
Their smoothies are also really good. :-)
A negative aspect is that if you like huge portions it gets quite expensive. Also if you want to avoid oil completely it may not be the perfect spot for you.

Pros: amazing atmosphere , lots of vegan options, opposite the university of Vienna

Cons: can be expensive

Great - Edit

Great ambient, cool food, not as expensive :)

Awesome... - Edit

Don't know what people complain about. Food was tasty, service was super nice and fast, drinks were home-made and refreshing...will go there on my next visit to Vienna again...

Pros: interior, cozy, great

Yamm still one of the best in Vienna! - Edit

The Yamm is still one of the best, even for vegans! But certainly it is not the cheapest veggie restaurant in Vienna. But for the provided high quality even recommended by Gault Millau!, stylish ambient and the city center location the price is OK! I visit the spacious Yamm - placed in front of the beautiful University of Vienna where I work, since the opening several years ago nearly once a week. And I could always choose from around 4 up to 7 tasty cooked vegan! main dishes. Additionally they always offer 5 or 7 very delicious clearly marked! Vegan cakes! I agree that Yamm has to mark clearly the vegan wines in the new wine list! But till now the waiter could recommend me two open white and open red which were vegan.

Pros: Stylish apacious place, Yamm in front of old University of Vienn, summer with nice garden in front of Yamm

Cons: vegan wine is not clearly marked

Disappointing for vegans, overpriced for all - Edit

I love buffets, so I had really high hopes for Yamm. Unfortunately, I was a little disappointed. Vegan dishes are well labelled, but they are mainly the salad and side dishes. My partner is vegetarian and he got to try pizza, tortellini, dumplings, lasagne and arancini, and any sides he wanted. The only "main" available to me was the gumbo - it was delicious, but I felt a bit cheated, and like I was overcharged for my plate of food.

Also, vegan wines are not marked on the menu. I was told that the only vegan wines were available by the bottle, not by the glass. However, they were also available in spritzer form. A very odd policy.

I was there for breakfast as well. The vegan option says it comes with 2 "vegan pastries". The pastries are bread buns. Not quite what I'd expected!

Cons: Vegan buffet options not up to standard, Misleading use of the word "pastry", Overpriced

nice but expensive - Edit

i like the look of the place, food was nice but not worth the money

partly yamm - Edit

Good location, nice decoration, lots of clearly marked vegan options. But: cantine style food with high street prices; slightly annoying staff (4 different people came to take our drinks order). Main criticism: everyone agreed the food was too salty - our mouths burned. A very full plate costs 28€. Good option if you have the budget and no other vegan option. Good place to chill.

Fantastic Food, Chic but Relaxed Atmosphere - Edit

This restaurant has an extensive self-service buffet where you pay by weight. There is a wonderful range of vegan and gluten-free options and a full bar. The servers are friendly and multi-lingual. It's in a great location on the Ring right across from the University of Vienna. Because it caters to students as well as the people who work in the government buildings nearby, the decor and atmosphere is upscale and edgy, but very comfortable, and we were definitely able to "come as we were" in terms of clothing. My husband and I both thought that the price for the food was extremely reasonable given the excellent quality. In short, this place is an absolute winner. (To give you an idea how much we liked the food: they have a cookbook that they sell to raise money for charity, and I bought it on the spot.)

A tip for rookies: The payment system is smart, but it takes a bit of getting used to. When you arrive, you're given a card, and then you go to the buffet, choose what you want, and bring your plate over to a scale to be weighed. The confusing bit is that you think you should somehow scan your card, but really you just need to press it flat against the upper left hand of the monitor. Then, when your plate has been weighed, be sure to press the green "Buchen" button on the screen. When you do, a receipt will print out and that's how you know your order went through. Bring the receipt and the card with you to your table, where a server will come and take your drinks order. It's a bit strange and it took me a couple of tries the first time, but it's very easy once you figure out how it works.

Pros: Delicious food, Lots of vegan and gluten-free options, Great atmosphere

Return to Vienna Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Yamm closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.