Yaki Yaki

Contact 07-3502263

1087 Hinemoa St, Rotorua, New Zealand,

Serves meat, vegan options available. A Korean bbq restaurant but has vegan suitable dishes, including salad, cold noodle soup, dumplings, vegetable fried rice, soybean paste soup, bean sprouts soup, and bibimbop mixed vegetables (omit egg). Staff will assist in identifying ingredients. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-3:00pm, Mon-Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Japanese, Asian, Korean, Non-veg

First Review by meilyrox

Seaweed Galore - Edit

I have been here before so luckily didn't take notice of reviews on other sites.
The service was fantastic with the guy in charge seating us and not phased at all by saying we were vegans.
The table of free sides is the main reason I came here. Cubed potato, pickled onions, piles of the yummiest seaweed, mung bean jelly and sauces.
Our dishes arrived in about 10-15mins even though the restaurant was packed.
To go with our third helpings of these we ordered the Bean Sprout soup and stew. Neither were as good as the cold soup, fried rice and dumplings I had last time or the sides. But a relatively cheap dinner out that was SUPER healthy and different.
I'll be back to consume more mountains of the free seaweed when I go through next time.

Pros: Free all you can eat sides, Fast, Healthy

Cons: There will be meat being cooked on bbq tables, Some soups not tasty

Return to Rotorua Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Yaki Yaki closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.