Woodland Creatures

( 1 review )
0131-6295509

260 - 262 Leith Walk, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH6 5EL

Serves meat, vegan options available. A pub making an effort to be vegan friendly with several lableled vegan choices on the menu. Open Mon-Thu 12:00pm-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-11:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by TrixieFirecracker

Not much for vegans - Edit

From April 2016 - Nipped in here for dinner last night after a day out in Edinburgh and the menu is slightly confusing and doesn't seem to have changed much since I was last there (maybe two years ago?). (Vg) means vegan, and was only beside the hummus and pitta bread, and (v) means vegetarian but this mark was beside the "Vegan Sweet Potato and Beetroot Burger".

I wasn't fancying the soup of the day, which was suitable for vegans (mushroom - AKA the vegetable of evil), and hummus and pitta bread I can easily chuck together at home, so went for the burger and wedges with side salad. They had a seeded bun for vegans which was nice, it wasn't the usual if you don't do brioche then you're going bunless. Despite me being a bit wary as I'm not much a fan of beetroot either (I don't like anything vinegary tasting except pickled onion Space Raiders) it was a really tasty burger, if it did fall apart a bit as I was eating it.

They have Black Isle Brewery blonde lager on tap, which I quite like, so was happy to have a couple of pints with this and my meal. At 8pm they cranked the volume of the music up to 11 - I'm never really sure why this is necessary as it's not a venue where you dance, so that leaves sitting down and talking, and the volume of music didn't really allow for this. We'd been there since 5pm and it was starting to fill up so was happy when our evening was coming to an end and we were about to head back to Glasgow anyway.

There are lots of other places in Edinburgh I've yet to try so probably won't be back for a while, but would be happy to go back if invited to this particular venue.

Pros: Vegan labellling exists, Good range of drinks

Cons: Menu labelling a bit confusing, Not much for vegans, Noisy

Return to Edinburgh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Woodland Creatures closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.