West Village Market and Deli

• Health-food-store Health Store
828-225-4949

771 Haywood Rd (at Bledsoe Building, West Ashville), Asheville, North Carolina, USA, 28806

Independent natural food store and deli. Has a juice bar within the store called the Farmacy which is open from Wednesday to Saturday. Open Mon-Sat 8:00am-10:00pm, Sun 9:00am-10:00pm.

First Review by halfthejob

In house food is amazing - Edit

Prepared food in the case as well as the deli have delicious options with a good amount of protein. There's a chicken wrap thing that I got without huge expectations, but it was easily my favorite. The deli has specials based on the day of the week.

Pros: Deli, Prepared food if you get there when deli is closed

Quite a Number of Vegan Options and Fairly Priced - Edit

The West Village Market has a number of vegan sandwiches and wraps that they offer on a daily basis. Back in the deli, you can place an order for one of these. But they also has a number of these in a refrigerated display case towards the front of the store (for grab and go).

Just this past weekend, I was pressed for time and I had to pick up lunch for a number of people, so I stopped by West Village and grabbed several of the Mock Philly sandwiches (vegan option), a vegan No Evil Foods Chicken Salad Sandwich, and a vegan Breakfast Burritto. And, everyone I ate with shared that they enjoyed their meal. The Mock Philly was recommended by a friend. I thought it was good. The filling was actually great, but I personally prefer more filling and less bread, so I am more inclined to eat wraps and burritos and such. With regard to the No Evil Foods Chicken Salad Sandwich: I once got this for a meat-eating friend. When he was almost halfway through it, he realized it had vegan meat and exclaimed, "I think I could go vegan if I could eat something like this everyday!" And, with regard to the Vegan Breakfast Burrito -- highly recommended by a friend: It is one of the more unique vegan breakfast burritos I've had, without scrambled tofu and with things like No Evil Foods chorizo and sweet potatoes in the mix.

I like to shop at the West Village Market. But, I have increasingly found myself stopping in for a sandwich or wrap when I'm pressed for time, because they have a number of vegan options, they use local products and produce (when and where possible), and for between $6 and $8, I can have a ridiculously filling meal. Or I can just eat half today for lunch, and half tomorrow.

Pros: A number of vegan sandwhich/wrap options, A grab and go option, Locally sourced (when/where possible)

Return to Asheville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has West Village Market and Deli closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.