CLOSED: West Avenue Cafe

Contact 305-534-4211

959 West Ave Ste 3, Miami Beach, Florida, USA, 33139

Serves meat, vegan options available. Kosher restaurant that offers vegan choices like char-grilled tofu and vegan cheese. Also has a veggie burger, quinoa, and beans. Chef will accommodate requests. DEC 2013 WEBPAGE REPORTED CHANGING OWNERSHIP, phone disconnected.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, American, Kosher, Non-veg

First Review by dara

Neighborhood gem! - Edit

Hurry to this place before it catches on and you can't get a reservation! No, this place is not 100% vegan but makes up for it with its delicious options. I love this place because it has something for everyone, so when dining out with friends who are not vegan or vegetarian it's a great option for me. Each time I go, I try a new entree and am never disappointed! They are also very accommodating for people who have special requests. Would give 5 stars, but since not fully vegan, gave it the highest rating I could:)

Pros: delicious food, friendly service

Cons: not 100% vegan but great veg. options

Delicious Vegan Options!! - Edit

The restaurant is a kosher "meat" restaurant which might make a vegetarian shy away. As a vegan, I was shocked to find so many healthful and delicious vegan options! The chef accommodated my request for a grilled tofu wrap with soy cheese and veggies. The soy cheese does not have casein because, in order to be kosher, there is no dairy whatsoever in the restaurant. The tofu wrap was so delicious - possibly the best wrap I've ever had.

The tostones were amazing and the sweet potato fries and carrot soup were delicious as well!

The wait staff was so accommodating and the service was prompt, thorough, and courteous.

We found the food to be the freshest and most delicious of all of our meals in Miami Beach. When we travel, we usually do not go to the same restaurant twice because we like to experience as many new/different things as possible. We had to make an exception when it came to West Ave Cafe in Miami Beach and ended up going there twice because we enjoyed our meal so much the first time. . .!

(I would give a 5-cow rating but that is apparently not allowed for non-veg restos...)

Pros: healthful food, very accommodating to vegans

Cons: not entirely vegan, limited hours on saturday

Return to Miami Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: West Avenue Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 371 times since Jan 2012.