Wake N Bake Donuts

• Bakery Bakery
910-470-4348

114 Princess St (at downtown), Wilmington, North Carolina, USA, 28401

Donut shop with vegan options, generally including a glazed donut, a chocolate glazed donut, and another weekly flavor. Open Mon-Thu 7:30am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 7:30am-2:30am, Sun 7:30am-9:00pm.

First Review by TraciH

Yummy vegan cake donuts - Edit

We went twice in one week, while vacationing at Carolina beach. The first time, they had 4 kinds of vegan donuts: couch potato (with chocolate icing and potato chips), cotton candy mouth (with white, pink, & blue icing), vanilla glazed, and Carolina sand (with maple icing and a crunchy cinnamony topping).

When we went on a Friday morning, they only had a handful of vegan donuts left, so we got the last vanilla glazed, one cotton candy mouth, and one couch potato.

The Carolina sand, cotton candy mouth, and couch potato were all very, very sweet, but that's what one would expect from a specialty doughnut like those. My favorite was the vanilla glazed, because it was simple and not too sweet. My daughter loved the combination of sweet, salty, and crunchy in the couch potato.

I wish they would do more to promote their vegan donuts. Vegan donuts are on the printed menu, but not on the blackboard above the counter. If you were just walking by, there is nothing on the sign or in the store windows that would indicate they have any vegan donuts. On the counter, the vegan donuts aren't even labeled as such - they are just on a separate unmarked tray.

I also wish they had vegan raised donuts; all of their vegan donuts are cake donuts. But I'm not complaining - they were delicious!

They have a little seating area and free water from a water cooler - awesome!

Pros: Specialty vegan donuts, Friendly staff, Free cold water!

Cons: Little variety, Vegan donuts not obvious

Good vegan donuts - Edit

If you like cakey donuts, theirs are terrific! And every time I have been, they have several vegan choices. So if I'm in the mood for a sweet breakfast - this is the place!

Updated from previous review on 2017-06-09

Pros: multiple vegan choices, good flavor, very accessible - great hours!

Cons: can be a little dense, but I like that in a donut

Return to Wilmington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Wake N Bake Donuts closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.