First Review by pekmez

Unfortunately not vegan-friendly - Edit

The Vegirant is unfortunately not suitable for vegans. The ingredients are not shown in the menu and it is very laborious to ask the waitress about it, as she seems to not know them herself. Finally there was only one dish suitable for vegans. The waitress wasn`t friendly at all - although she offered to try my friend`s dessert to the rest of us without asking her;) - the food was quite expensive and the furniture was really old-fashioned.
Unfortunately I Can`t recommend the Vegirant.

Service could be better - Edit

We had lunch at Vegirant once - the food was nice - rather Austrian style dishes with veggie sausages, spinach, potatoes. There was an all you can eat salad bar with most bowls being nearly empty.
The interior is quite old-fashioned, but not uncomfortable, with a lot of plants.
The staff wasn't very friendly and we felt as if we were being stared at by her all the time.
The menu didn't indicate what was vegan so we had to ask. Most dishes had dairy products such as cream or cheese in them. We paid around 20€ which isn't the best deal either.

Pros: decent food

Cons: unfriendly service, expensive, few vegan options

Lovely - Edit

Small, peacefull (not empty) restaurant with new menu every day - thats soup, main meal and dessert. Frendly stuff, cheap, big portions (soup, main meal and juice - just under 10 euros). Quick service and healthy, tastefull food will make you feel great after. They can pack you if you can't finish it. I don't know if they will put this, but i have to say its open from 10-18 mon-fri, so nobody will get it wrong, like the first time i did. Give it a chance, you woldn't need any other restaurant in Vienna.

Pros: healthy cuisine, friendly staff, big portions

Return to Vienna Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegirant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1801 times since Aug 2007.