First Review by ieattofu

Hearty Vegan Asian - Edit

The food was great, especially the Vietnamese Sizzling Crepe! The atmosphere was casual but nice. According to our waiter, the only non-vegan items on the menu are the wontons.

Pros: Nearly Vegan, Reasonable Prices, Great Food And Service

Cons: Not 100% Vegan, Closed Mid-afternoon

Good Food in Concord - Edit

It is very hard to find good vegetarian food in Concord, so was very happy to find Veggie Today. The Foo Young was amazing! The sesame eggplant and fish clay pot were also very tasty. The spicy noodle soup was good (had it with extra tofu instead of the veggie meats). Very glad that there is a good vegetarian restaurant close by.

loved it. - Edit

Had an amazing meal. The Vietnamese crepe is incredible and I could get enough of the sea weed salad. Also loved the eggplant/tofu clay pot. Huge portions, all fresh, sweet service and a small bill. What's not too love.

Great Food - Edit

I have tried nearly everything on the menu and all have been fantastic. I have brought half a dozen non-vehgetarians to try this place and all have been amazed at how tasty eveything is. Highly recommend!
Updated from previous review on Friday March 29, 2013

Pros: Taste, Value

Amazing! - Edit

I just moved to Concord and was so happy to find this place! The service is excellent, I've never had to wait for a table, the prices are totally reasonable, and I've loved everything I've tried (and I've tried a lot)! My favorite recent discovery is ordering an iced thai coffee with soy milk, incredible! The server wasn't sure it would taste good with soy milk but I said I'd like to try it anyway, and man am I glad I did. I made sure to tell him how good it was too, he was pleased :)

Pros: Affordable, Great service, Huge menu

Love it ! - Edit

Very very tasty veggie food! I have been there 4 times so far, and have loved everything! Cant wait to go back again. Nice staff, very clean, good prices :)

Pros: Clean, easy to find parking, prices

Cons: none, none, none

Give this place a try! - Edit

Just got back from having a wonderful dinner at Veggie Today. As a vegan I was very excited to learn of this place. Everything on the menu other than the won tons and chow mein are vegan. I ordered the sesame eggplant and hot and sour soup. The meal was nothing short of delicious. Everything tasted so fresh and flavorful. The staff was very friendly, the restaurant was very clean, and the ambiance was very nice, perfect for a date. I'll definitely be going back for more!

Pros: excellent food, lots of vegan options, great amdiance

Decent, great price. Vegan has arrived to Concord - Edit

I had lunch here yesterday. I was super excited to go to the only vegan restaurant in Concord. I ordered a tamarind beef and since it didn't come with salad, I also ordered a lotus salad. The tamarind beef was very tasty, not greasy. I liked the shrimp chips too. I just wished the dish had something else apart from the meat. There was a ton of meat and I got bored of just eating the same thing after several bites. The lotus salad was very tasty and served very generously. It was already dressed in a sweet (perhaps a little too sweet), light dressing and came with additional dressing on the side, which I didn't need. I paid less than $20 for everything.

The menu has tons of options and many of them include plant-based meats to make the traditional Chinese dishes in the traditional way.

Service - prompt and friendly
Food - tasty, but lacked imagination. Very typical Chinese food, minus the oil (big plus)
Location - parking is challenging

Would I recomend it? Absolutely!!!!

Pros: Variety, Service, Price

Cons: Presentation

Veggie Today AND Tomorrow! - Edit

Yum! My husband and I live in Concord just down the street from Veggie Today and were very surprised when they opened up. I'm not aware of any other exclusively vegetarian restaurants located in Concord, but am so thrilled to have this place so close.

We went there for the first time tonight and let me say, we will be back again! They had a deal where if you order four entrees you get a free appetizer. For an appetizer we ordered the drumsticks, then for the meal we ordered the Mongolian Chicken, Vegetarian Crepe, Sesame Eggplant with Tofu, and Curry Tofu with Potatoes. We also ordered two Thai Iced Teas.

Everything tasted great!!! The drumsticks appetizer was delicious and my husband could not believe it wasn't actual chicken! Our favorite entree was the Mongolian Chicken and Sesame Eggplant. The curry potatoes were great and so was the crepe. I could not believe all the fresh herbs (cilantro, basil, mint and leaves of lettuce) that were served with the vegetable crepe. So refreshing!

We left there with so many leftovers, it was nuts! But we were so excited to try several dishes, we over-ordered intending to have leftovers. Portions are generous. We will definitely be back and hope to see this new restaurant thrive in Concord! It really is a gem.

Pros: Fresh, Clean, Delicious!

Return to Concord Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veggie Today closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5023 times since Jul 2012.