Veggie Mami

Contact 27870389

G/F, 2A Poplar St, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China,

Offers a daily lunch set & also noodle bowls, dim sum, sushi & other things. Calm place with 15 seats. Menu is now all vegan. Available for private evening bookings of minimum 10. Nearest MTR - Prince Edward exit C2. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Chinese, Japanese, Take-out, Catering, Korean

First Review by Stevie

Veggie Mama, Hong Kong - Edit

Veggie Mami is now all vegan since Oct 2015...

Updated from previous review on 2015-03-12

Pros: All vegan, A little bit different, Fresh, healhty food

One if my favorites - Edit

I try to get here once a week. The opening times are a bit restrictive but I manage and look forward to my visits. It's tiny and people share tables. If that's not your thing they do do take out. I love the bibimbap bowl - I even buy kimchi to go! I would also recommend the fried rice with baobab fruit (my current favourite); I tried it to see what baobab was like - almost date like, so you get small bursts of sticky sweetness, great with a side of kimchi. Another of my favorites is the "chewy mushroom" rice bowl. Don't worry it's just a shiitake mushroom. I can vouch for the bean curd roll with mashed ginger too. It's not cheap by HK standards but the ingredients are top quality and well prepared and presented. I usually spend around HK$100-120 for 2 a la carte dishes. They now have a full English menu so it's easy to order.

Pros: fresh ingredients, friendly

Cons: short opening hours

veggie mama - Edit

i ordered a noodle dish and added a soup; both were good. while it might taste bland to those used to more traditional, msg/salt/oil-laden chinese restaurant, this meal felt clean and wholesome. i really enjoyed it and wish there were more of such vegan eateries in hk. it's a light and palatable option especially during the sweltering summer months.

expect to share a table with a stranger if you're there during peak hours. it's a tiny, cramped place and can get noisy if large groups are visiting at the same time.

the blackboard menu is in chinese only and features the set meal of the day. i'm guessing that should be a safe bet, but you can always refer to the bilingual menu (in a plastic folder on the counter) for many other options.

there's serve-yourself free drinks (burdock when i was there), but i didn't notice that that towards the end and can't comment on that. will be back to try other dishes.

Pros: healthy, home-style meals, vegan

Cons: can be noisy and cramped (may have to share a tabl, limited opening hours, not normally open for dinne

in the middle of sham shui po - Edit

At last I don't have to starve on my SSP visits!
Thank you Happy Cow.
Very basic Vegi food with very welcoming staff. No English behind the counter but customers very helpful. I had the set which was large but rather bland. Not a great fan of tofu & mushrooms so will take time with ordering next time

Return to Kowloon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veggie Mami closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.