CLOSED: Veggie Heaven

Contact 845-499-2289

195 S Main St (at Rt 304), New City, New York, USA, 10956

Vegetarian Chinese food featuring a wide range of vegetable, tofu, and mockmeat dishes; plus tea list, smoothies and salads. Lunch specials Mon-Sat. Reported closed to HappyCow, Dec 2015. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Chinese, Take-out, Asian

First Review by nessarata

Awesome !! - Edit

Terrible news I believe they've closed ;-( , such a loss !!

Friendly , Awesome food , very reasonably priced, nice atmosphere. A gem !!
Updated from previous review on Wednesday November 11, 2015

Pros: Awesome food, Friendly, Nice price

Cons: Closed

delicious!! - Edit

The food is out of this world. We kept going to disbelief, that it was vegan. Would eat here every day if I could!

Pros: friendly staff, food served very quickly, delicious

Cons: very quiet, not much atmosphere

Delicious vegan food!! - Edit

While the directions through the happy cow app took us on a little detour, the trouble was well worth it. The food was delicious and the wait staff was very pleasant. We ordered the buffalo wings, sesame chicken and general tsos chicken. All were delicious. I love vegetables but I was very happy the entrees were not overloaded with them and gave a tremendous amount of "meat." I highly recommend if you're in the area!

Extensive & unusual menu - Edit

Veggie Heaven is a vegan restaurant in the suburbs with many unusual menu items that I have not encountered before. The food is great; it is always good to find a decent vegan restaurant. We had pumpkin soup, taro chuicken a la king (there was not much taro), and Singapore sauteed rice noodle (with curry). A lovely place with great food.

Great Food Reasonable Prices Lovely Staff - Edit

We come here often when we are attending courses in the area. Wendy is the best and the entire staff is helpful and very efficient. The portions are large, the food is great, and we are regulars.

Pros: Great food, Reasonable Prices, Great staff

Best we've eaten in a long time - Edit

We were passing through the area on the way home to long Island and found Veggie Heaven on this site.
The service was very good, the waiter both knowledgeable and pleasant, but, best of all, the food was delicious.
There were so many items to chose from on the menu that it wasn't easy to make a choice.
Our only misgiving: that it's too far from home. Wish we had something like it on the island.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, nice ambiance

Surprised to find vegan food out here - Edit

This place was great. I was surprised to find a vegan restaurant out here when visiting the state parks, so this place was a real treat.

The quality and taste are very good. The desserts are very good, as well. Just everything awesome.

Some items contain honey. Make sure to ask.

Pros: all vegan, vegan food in surprising locations

Cons: honey

Good food - Edit

It's so nice to have a vegan restaurant right here in town. The food is quite good. I personally like the Roast "Pork" Fried Rice and "Chicken" with broccoli. My 4 year old loves the "Chicken" Nuggets....we usually have to get 2 orders though because the rest of us love them too. My husband loves the Hunan Dumplings.

Pros: Totally vegan, Friendly staff

Cons: A little expensive

Great! - Edit

I tend to love these vegan mock-meat Chinese places and Veggie Heaven is no exception. They have a absolutely huge variety on their menu and it was hard to make up my mind but I ordered the Vegetarian Salmon. Beautifully prepared, delicious sauce, and absolutely amazing texture. I've never had any mock meat quite like it. Highly recommended. The food was brought out really fast, too. Prices are slightly on the high side for this sort of restaurant but there are some cheaper options along with the more expensive ones. The ambiance of the restaurant is nice, too.

Pros: Extensive Menu, Great Texture, Ambiance

Cons: Impersonal

very disappointing - Edit

Good service. but the food.... tasted like the whole chain Veggie Heaven is buying bulk food in huge quantities and the worst quality and then they serve old cheap food.

The food was terrible. The frying oil must have been the cheapest vegetable fat on the market, so bad!
We went there hoping to find some good vegan food, instead we found large restaurant with plenty people to serve, the food looked okay, but it was plainly not eatable.
I would give it a one cow, but the only choice is from 2-5, so let it be 2.

Pros: none

Cons: bad food

Love Veggie Heaven - Edit

I have eaten in the other Veggie Heaven locations and love them all!! This in no exception. My husband and I are vegetarians, but our families are not. We have introduced Veggie Heaven to our families and they love it too. My mom who is not vegetarian goes there a couple of times a week! My brother, who loves his steak houses, looks forward to Veggie Heaven when he visits. The menu is so extensive it is hard to choose but everything is good... ginger chicken, sizzling eggplant, orange beef, the soups and salads are great too. Enjoy!

Awesome Place! - Edit

My boyfriend and I have loved the other Veggie Heaven restaurants in New Jersey and were happy to see one so much closer to us!
The ambiance is very nice, the people are very warm and inviting, especially the owners, and the food is so good. That's the only place in Rockland I go to eat.
Especially loving the avocado salad with the ginger dressing. So good! Definitely recommend this place!

Pros: Healthy cuisine, Friendly , good ambiance

It is a heaven! - Edit

Being a vegetarian is a very good way to help me stay healthy and happy. Howevery, it is hard to find a restaurant Which is use less oil, low sodium and fresh vegetables. But after my friends bring me to veggie heaven, I find my heaven :) now I recommand few dishes: " sesame chicken" the sauce is arewesome... Other one is "creaky chicken" if u like mushroom, this is a good choice. And also " salt&pepper veggie fish strip" it is spicy but very tasty. The most amazing dessert is their "ToFu chess cake" that cake can rock ur world... Ha ha... If u looking for good vegetarian place, " Veggie Heaven" is a good choice!

Return to New City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Veggie Heaven closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3468 times since Nov 2010.