Vegan2Go

Contact 352-505-8894

7625 W Newberry Rd, Gainesville, Florida, USA, 32606

Quick food to-go with a couple of tables. Extensive vegan menu, similar to Loving Huts'. Est. 2012 in the former location of defunct The Green Mango. Open Mon 11:00am-8:00pm, Wed-Thu 11:00am-8:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-7:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out, Asian, Catering, Vietnamese

First Review by turntableshred

Love this place!! - Edit

Awesome little resturaunt, great food and the friendliest people I've met. I LOVE the Vegan2go Sub Sandwhich, it's my favorite. I've never had anything here I didn't like. They also sell frozen soups, drinks, snacks, and desserts! Their cakes and cupcakes are absolutely delicious!

Fantastic Began Find - Edit

While traveling near Gainesville I decided to pop in and try out Vegan2go. They were super friendly and the choices were numerous. I did the combo #1 with noodles and wild mushroom soup. Everything was fantastic, fresh, and just right. I will be back.

Pros: great options, tasty clean food

Cons: in and out of parking lot not convenient.

Reliably Delicious Vegan Cuisine - Edit

This is a small, casual dine-in or carry-out. We are only in Gainesville a few weeks each year and it is good to know Vegan2go is here. A wide variety of sandwiches, salads, soups, and appetizers. So glad they recently put a couple of tables outside.

Pros: all vegan, open every day, wide range of vegan desserts

Cons: not open late

love this place! - Edit

I've been eating here for the past 4 years. About a year and a half ago, it went under new ownership and the food became much much better. It's easily one of my favorite vegan spots. They have delicious raw desserts, too! Many soy free options as well, which is appreciated for soy free vegans like myself. The people that work here are extremely friendly, too. Definitely check it out!

Pros: tasty, value

Good Vegan Food - Edit

Great spot when you need some yummy vegan food.
Today I enjoyed Pho (Friday only) and fresh Summer Rolls. Both were yummy and hit the spot. I had to ask for extra peanut sauce but this was not a problem. Chopsticks were also available by request.
Service was fast, and food was fresh.
I spent $15 for a meal for one.

Pros: Vegan, meat-free kitchen, Personal

Cons: Awkward road and parking

Overpriced not so tasty or healthy vegan food” - Edit

We were on our way to Orlando and stopped in here for a healthy bite to eat but were sorely disappointed This is basically a hole in the wall place which touts healthy food. Yet not much was even organic! The guy at the front was not very friendly. The food took way too long for a "2 go" place. The place is dirty and old looking. I saw them serve others in plastic plates and bowls. The food was not very tasty, neither was there enough quantity. I bought a vegan shrimp dish which was 10.95 and they gave me 5 measly pieces of fried vegan shrimp with a very small raw cabbage salad. My husband got a quinoa salad - which was 9.95 and it was basically a small tub (like a side dish) and it was not at all flavorful. My friend got a curry and rice and his dish was okay - nothing to write home about. I was left hungry with my pockets a little emptier with no great story to tell. Sadly disappointed in this vegan place. Would never go back.

Cons: overpriced, small quantity

Vegan2Go Is EXCELLENT! - Edit

Excellent little restaurant with excellent food! We were very happy to find it - we are strict Vegans and the food is among the best we've had. We were very happy with the food choices, and ended up ordering even more food to go! We now have a great place to stop in Gainesville, FL. Owner very nice and so is the staff.

Pros: Excellent food, Great choices, Great staff

Cons: Wouldn't mind a few more tables to sit at

My Favorite Vegan Restaurant! - Edit

Absolutely love Vegan2Go! The food is incredible and the owners are wonderful. The owners are 100% vegan and all the food is 100% vegan. If you are a student you get a 10% discount!! This discount helps me a lot because I eat at Vegan2Go several times a week. Also, check out their weekly meal plans. Raw and cooked vegan weekly meal packages are offered for those who can't always cook. The packages contain a weeks worth of vegan mains, sides, soups, and some desserts!

I've tried almost everything on the menu and have never been disappointed. Highlights: Summer Rolls (served w/ yummy peanut dipping sauce), Philly Sub (bbq TVP on a tasty fresh baked vegan baguette), Specialty Curry Rice (brown rice option makes this dish superb), Heavenly Salad (it is really heavenly), and the best ever RAW cashew cheesecake!

Vegan2Go serves the best food in Gainesville.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday January 07, 2014

Updated from previous review on 2015-12-18

Pros: Owners & Restaurant are 100% Vegan, Food is tasty , Weekly meal plans

Cons: expensive, Limited parking

UFMarley 19 Oct 2016 - I would highly suggest giving his food another shot. Michael and his staff are absolutely wonderful and the food is delicious. It is in by no means "bland". I love the changes he has made and his soup of the day is always fantastic. The Potato Leek is to die for. He has made some changes but imo they are all positive. He has added new items, his mock chicken salad is excellent and the Philly Cheese Sub is out of this world. Don't even get me started on the desserts he is now offering. I could go on for days how delicious the cupcakes are.

Would definitely order again - Edit

I ordered delivery from this place for my birthday dinner. The drumsticks were super delicious. I also had the curry and rice, raw cheesecake, and green smoothie. I remember thinking that the cheesecake didn't compare to my favourite (from Aux Vivres in Montreal) but it was still pretty good.

Pros: offers delivery, good portions

Cons: a bit pricy

Fabulous Pho - Edit

I love that vegan2go is 100% vegan. I am not a big fan of faux meat foods and there are a few of these in the menu. However, if you go on Friday, treat yourself to the pho because it is fabulous. The summer rolls are fantastic as well. The cheese cakes and other desserts are top notch. Getting to the building from the east involves a left hand u- turn which can be tricky in G'ville traffic. Parking is very limited but for eating in I have never had a problem. Most people get take out.

Excellent fast vegan food - Edit

Quick, friendly service. A wonderful, varied menu. Everything we tried was done really well. As others said, parking is no fun, but it's totally worth it! Wish our town had one of these delightful restaurants.
Updated from previous review on Monday January 12, 2015

Update: We've been here several times and it's consistently excellent. Even the picky kids love it!

Pros: Great menu, Large portions (leftovers!), Friendly service

Cons: Parking

Vegan2Go - Edit

A well-organized tiny facility that caters delicious, fresh vegan food options. The pleasant and hospitable owner, David, will cater to gluten and soy free clients. He offers weekly menus for delivery with three day menus or one day menus available. The facility is clean, with a few tables for sitting and ordering. The main problem is the parking and the difficulty in entering and exiting the parking lot. Otherwise, Vegan2Go in Gainesville, Florida is a 4 star place. Kaye Linden
Updated from previous review on Tuesday December 23, 2014

Pros: fresh home made style food, owners supervise the kitchen themselves, allergy options available

Cons: parking lot is limited, exit and entrance difficult

Good vegan food to go - Edit

We were traveling and found this place with the app. Very friendly people take our order to go. Food is good, and more when you are out of town looking for vegan options. They offer delivery. Is a small place with 3 or 4 tables to eat there.

Pros: Friendly, Vegan/Gluten free options, Delivery option

vegan fast food, but good - Edit

The restaurant has a small interior with a few tables for dining in. They have a lot of things to choose from. Their food is tasty, but not super fancy. It's more like vegan fast food. But it's still delicious! This is my favorite take out place in gainesville.
Updated from previous review on Thursday September 25, 2014

Pros: varied menu, fast service, takeout

Cons: hard to get to (traffic), plain food

Excellent Food - Edit

I ate at Vegan2Go for the first time yesterday 9/5/14 and was very impressed. I'm a newbie to the vegan lifestyle and the owner was very polite and gave me some info and links to websites/videos to guide me on my journey. The food was delicious and I will definitely be going back real soon. The owner also gave me a 10 percent discount for being a college student, which I greatly appreciated.
Updated from previous review on Saturday September 06, 2014

Pros: Convenient Location, Great Food, Helpful staff

Best vegan food in florida - Edit

The food is delicious with a huge selection. The owners are the sweetest people you will ever meet. I am so glad I found it. My husband and I go here 4-5 days a week and never get tired of it.

Pros: excellent food, large menu, friendly staff

Return to Gainesville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegan2Go closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.