First Review by jeanpaulf

Cheesecakes and brownies!

Cheesecakes and brownies! Cheesecakes and brownies! Cheesecakes and brownies! Cheesecakes and brownies! Cheesecakes and brownies! Cheesecakes and brownies! Cheesecakes and brownies! Cheesecakes and brownies! Cheesecakes and brownies! Cheesecakes and brownies! Cheesecakes and brownies! Cheesecakes and brownies! Cheesecakes and brownies! Cheesecakes and brownies! Cheesecakes and brownies! Cheesecakes and brownies! Cheesecakes and brownies! Cheesecakes and brownies! Cheesecakes and brownies! Cheesecakes and brownies! Cheesecakes and brownies! Cheesecakes and brownies!

Pros: Cheesecakes and brownies! , Cheesecakes and brownies! , Cheesecakes and brownies!

Vegan Haven in Paris

Delicious sandwiches, "quiches", shakes and desserts! This is not a vegan friendly city, s this is s rare treat.

Pros: all vegan!, many choices!, friendly service!

Vegan Folies

Amazing cupcakes and such an amazing place to have in Paris (not a lot of vegans there). The options of delicious sweets was very good but the prices were not cheep. Personally I was pay any amount of money for an amazing VEGAN cupcake but I can see how the price may turn people off. Its a really nice place to grab a treat after a long day of walking around and exploring paris though!

Pros: Amazing cupcakes

Cons: Pricey , cold staff, not a lot of seating

Yummy vegan bakery!

Nice little bakery in one of the most beautiful areas of Paris. Recently renovated, it now offers a more pleasant environment. You can find excellent cakes, cookies or cupcakes but also big sandwiches, quiches, soups and salads. Has good menu deals that include a sandwich + cookie/brownie for around 7 euros or a soup + salad + quiche for a little bit more. Not a lot of seating places, but you can take everything to go!

Parfait

Délicieuses pâtisseries, mais aussi sandwiches et autres ! Tout cela à un prix abordable. Personnel très sympathique lui aussi

Pros: Qualité de cuisine, Prix, Personnel

Cons: Taille du restaurant un peu petite

Friendly service, even better cheesecake!

I live around the corner from Vegan Folie's and am a regular customer. I absolutely love their vegan cheesecake. The brownies are delicious as well. The woman who runs the place is very friendly, helpful and speaks excellent English. They sell sandwiches as well as desserts. The sandwiches are nothing extraordinary, but are nice to have when you need a quick vegan bite. The only things I don't love is the cold interior, the cupcakes (dry), and the milkshakes (I got the peanut butter and it tasted like plant milk mixed with peanut powder-too watery). Overall though, I recommend going though. Seriously, the cheesecake is killer.

Pros: Cheescake, Friendly service

Cons: Cold atmosphere

Would try again

I went in a rush to pick up a piece of cheesecake, the crust and chocolate topping were amazing but the insides were very very sweet. Too sweet to eat, which is a bummer because one slice was 5.60 euros. However, I would definitely try it again if I was back in Paris, I would maybe just get a different flavor.

The inside of the place wasn't great for sitting but I didn't care because I was in a rush anyways.

Pros: vegan, cheesecake, quick

Cons: expensive, too sweet

I would go back if there was no other choice.

This shop is very small, and due to the long counters, there is little space for costumers enjoying pastries on-site. In addition to rearranging the counters, it would be great to see into the kitchen instead of hiding it behind a big curtain. The pastries look and taste delicious, but the service was quite impatient.

Nice place!

I went to this little cute bakery this afternoon and had a slice of the best vegan cheesecake I ever tried. Loved the texture and its flavour, and it was amazingly huge! It was just heavenly perfect.

I will definitely come back there.

Pros: High quality products, Nice neighbourhood

Cons: Not many seatings

Lovely bakery

The cake sale was our favorite. The cheesecake and cupcakes were also tasty. The owner was very lovely and accommodating. I think anyone who tries to make a go of a vegan patisserie in Paris is brave and deserves all the vegan gold stars :D
She is wonderful and hardworking, and the result was delicious kind treats in a cream soaked Paris.

Vegan Baked Goodies

In my pursuit of a vegan dessert I stopped by the Vegan Folies bakery just before they closed for the day. I purchased a chocolate chip cookie and a slice of chocolate chip cake. The cake was tasty. The cookie was crunchy and a bit greasy - hopefully this was not typical for them. I would stop by again when in Paris and taste more. Kudos for offering vegan desserts in Paris!

Pros: a vegan bakery in Paris!, nice selection

Cons: cookie texture

disappointed

I was really looking forward to coming here when I came to Paris. Was utterly disappointed when I tried it. The cheesecake was bland and sugary, weird texture. Not like the vegan cheesecakes in Sydney or London. My boyfriend tried a cookie and it was pretty average. Another friend I have who is vegan from Sydney felt the same as me. The cafe just isn't a good place to sit down either, uncomfortable seating facing a wall, no tea or coffee to have with a cake and the person working there wasn't the friendliest either.

Pros: vegan

Cons: tasteless, unpleasant staff

Delicious bakery

Small bakery a but The flavour of the vegan blueberry cheesecake is amazing *O* (5 euros for serving) . I recomend it , one of the best vegan cakes that I had eat. Nice staff and clean place. When I will go to Paris again I will visit it :)

Few places to sit but you can order to take away.

I recommend it :)

Pros: Vegan and delicious, nice staff, clean bakery

Cons: Small bakery and few seats, Bit expensive

vegan cake heaven

We went here because it was highly recommended on many vegan blogs and it didn't dissapoint. We took many lovely cakes with us, like a vegan cheesecake with caramel/chocolate. But funny enough, the salty cake with smoked tofu and artichoke was the nice surprise of our collection of cakes!

Didn't had the chance to try the sandwiches because they were sold out.

So don't hesitate to drop by, it's perfect for take away! we found a nice small park around the corner, which was perfect to rest from the busy city and enjoy some great sweet vegan cakes.

Pros: vegan desserts!, great for takeaway, active in the community

Cons: not much space to eat there, less choice if you go later in the day

EXCELLENT

My boyfriend and I took a short trip to Paris. I was so happy we stopped here. Excellent sweets. Owner is very wonderful and is also dedicated activist. I LOVE making my own vegan cheesecakes, and I can say hers are definitely divine.

The Best Cheesecakes in Paris

I visited Vegan Folies today for the first time and it was a real treat! The cheesecake I tried - berries, followed by the coconut & peanut butter was super light. Maybe the second one was a bit heavier, because of the peanut butter. I was so happy with the taste and the fact that my belly felt light and happy afterwards. I'm so ordering my birthday cake from there!

Wonderful desserts but disappointing sandwiches

We visited this cute little bakery on the treat's lively market day. The window was full of enticing cakes and desserts. The menu offered interesting sandwich choices. However, the bread was dry - no excuse in a city of fresh baked breads (including vegan!) and the fillings rather dull. A great pity and a delicious vegan sandwich was very much needed at the time. We had been buying bread from a local bakery and veges from a market and making our own, which were so much better than those on offer here. The cakes, however, were sublime!

Pros: Cute shop in lively location, Sublime vegan cakes, Promotes green causes

Cons: Dull sandwich fillings, Stale bread in sandwiches, Insufficient choice

Great vegan bakery!

From its opening until now, I've been to Vegan Folie's as many times as I went to Paris! The place offers a new cupcake flavour each day and other permanent cupcakes that change over the years. It has brownies, cookies, cheesecakes (that are gluten-free) and more recently layer cakes! It also offers sometimes a vegan clafoutis which is amazing. Cakes are usually excellent, even if sometimes they could be not as good as you hoped for different reasons. But those ones are rare compared to the numerous beautiful cakes they usually have. You can also have vegan sandwiches in a baguette, with salad, faux-meat, vegan cheeses... they are always fresh and organic! I really love these sandwiches.

In terms of price, I found that it is not too expensive compared to the location, the organic and quality products and the fact that the place has a high level of ethical standards: all the painting of the place is vegan and eco-friendly, they do not support nuclear electricity sources and they use little packaging.

The place is small but you can eventually sit to eat your cakes (3 seats). The owner is really friendly, helpful and will take into account your suggestions and demands. As they do most of their cakes according to the demand, don't hesitate to call them to reserve what you want in advance.

Pros: a new cupcake each day, layers, vegan sandwiches, 100% vegan and organic, friendly and helpful staff, ethic place

Small bakery but worth visiting

Vegan Folie's is a small bakery but it is worth visiting if you are in the area. We found a nice selection of cakes and were told that we could order baguettes too. The peanut butter cheesecake perhaps looked better than it tasted, but the baguette was delicious. The French bread was quite crisp and the salad was fresh with nice vegan mayo and faux meat (Wheaty slices). The lady who served us was very friendly and recommended other veggie hot spots while we stayed in Paris. A nice experience, but greater variety of savory food would have made it even better.

Pros: Pleasant staff member

Cons: Not much choice for savory food

Best VeganCheeseCake!

Me and my girlfriend was here the last day of opening. There was not much choice but we eat two slices of cheesecake with white chocolate...and it was amazing!!!!!

Pros: Hight quality

Cons: Price

not the best

I tried the chocolate chip cookie and the brownie. it cost me almost 5€ which is not much in my opinion. but I have to say that they were way too greasy for me! they were so oily that the take away paper was seetroughn after a minute and the oil went trough the paper on my fingers! Since I have been to a couple excellent vegan bakeries in Vienna, I have to say that this one is really not that good and too sweet. Even my own baked cookies and brownies tasted more professional...

Pros: only bakery, satisfies your sweet tooth, inexpensive

Cons: too greasy, too sweet, small selection

Great sweets

Delicious desserts - cakes, muffins, cookies. When in Paris, you must really try it!
But it't not bakery in the common sence - they don't have baguetts, breat or any not sweet bakery.

Pros: excellent desserts

delicious treats!

I enjoyed my visit to Vegan Folie's very much; the chocolate chip cookies and blueberry un-cheesecake were delicious and the staff was welcoming and helpful. Available were a variety of other dessert options including brownies, cupcakes, pies, and slices of cake in chocolate, vanilla, caramel, fruit, and almond varieties. A sweet spot near Place de la Contrescarpe!

Yumyum !!

This is a great place ! It serves sweet vegan pastries, like cupcakes, cheesecakes, cookies, and brwonies. You can also buy a lemonade or an alcohol-free drink.
I have tried many cupcakes, there are good, but maybe too sugary to me.

My preference goes to cheesecakes, espacially the Toffee Lee Jones (yes, there are funny names !).
Everyday there are some specials, so it's always refreshing to go there and try something new !
There are only 3 seats, the place is small, but you can take your food away and eat it in front of Notre Dame :)

Pros: Awesome cheesecakes, Friendly lady

Cons: Too small to sit and pause

Great Vegan Bakery

We had cheescake, the blueberry one it's fantastic! There are only three seets. We take cookies to take away, very yummie.

Pros: All Vegan, Yummie, Gentle Staff

Cons: Expensive

Creative bakery

On my trip to Paris, this was the second place I aimed to visit. On various visits I tried the cheesecake (delicious), a red Astaire cupcake and a biscuit. I wouldn't rush back for the cupcake although it was tasty enough, but I much preferred the cheesecake and biscuit. The person serving was lovely.

Pros: cheesecake, location

So yummy! :)

We were in Paris last year and when I searched for vegan restaurants online, I also found this store. Of course I had to go! :) And I am glad I did. Although the cupcakes are not cheap, they are worth it. I bought several and loved them all and they look so good! I would love to go again someday.

Pros: Vegan, cupcakes

Cons: price

Great to have a vegan bakery in Paris !

I stop by at the Vegan Folie's each time I go to Paris, the owner is very friendly and there's always a new treat to taste. I also go there to support the initiative, as I want this bakery to last, and many others to open in the future.
I enjoy the fact that this bakery is 100% vegan and organic.

Quirky Little Bakery

When I found out that Vegan Folie's was the only 100% plant-based bakery in Paris, I was determined to visit. It is conveniently located near some major attractions including the Jardin du Luxembourg and Pantheon, and also lies on the same street where the well known morning Mouffetard Market is situated.

Although the shop itself is relatively small without provided seating, it is difficult to miss thanks to the bold signage. I appreciated the oddly but kind of cutely named pastries, as well as the list of ingredients directly underneath. The lady running the bakery was friendly, and made me feel welcomed.

As for the food, I decided against the tempting chocolate caramel cheesecake and instead opted for the unusual citron and bergamot cheesecake. The texture was a bit too hard and not melt in your mouth like typical cheesecakes, but the flavour was rather elegantly subtle. Not too strong, not too sweet.

Pros: Quirky flavours, Good location, Great staff

Cons: Texture could be improved

only vegan bakery in paris

i was glad to find such a place in paris. the place is lovely and well located; it s small but its meant for take away anyway .

Pros: staff

Cons: price, not the tastiest cake on earth

Très déçue

De passage à Paris, je décide de tester ce fameux Vegan folie's, dont j'entendais parler depuis longtemps.
Première surprise en entrant dans la boutique...Minuscule, trois gâteaux en vitrine; et un grand rideau vert cachant la cuisine (louche...)
Cheesecake pas extra; fait au tofu ferme (à presque 6euros la part); les cupcakes n'étaient pas très frais non plus selon moi...
Aucune possibilité de prendre un café ou un thé, seulement un choix limité de boissons fraiches.
Quand j'en viens à parler avec la demoiselle qui tient la boutique et lui explique que c'est tout de même plaisant d'avoir une pâtisserie vegan à Paris, je lui dis également qu'aura lieu un pic nique vegan ce dimanche. Elle m'invite clairement à plutôt venir participer à la ,manifestation contre la fermeture des abattoirs "car un pic nique vegan ne génère pas d'article journalistiques ni n'informe les gens sur l'obligation que nous aurions à être végétaliens pour être des hommes meilleurs..." Enfin bref je me retrouve face à un mur, moi-même vegan je suis dans l'incompréhension je me sens agressée et honteuse de me faire "insulter" par quelqu'un qui joue dans le même clan que moi... La discussion s'est ainsi poursuivie pendant une dizaine de minutes jusqu'à ce que mon ami et moi ne décidions de partir, puisque c'était tout simplement un dialogue de sourds.
Bref, quand on tient un commerce, mieux vaut garder l'esprit ouvert et ne pas crier tout fort que les gens sont des idiots car ils n'ont pas adapté votre mode de vie (ou qu'ils ne sont pas des militants adeptes de la PETA...)
Elle m'a réellement mise trop mal à l'aise pour que je n'ose remettre les pieds là-bas un jour... Dommage

Pros: vegan in Paris, Rather good Bakery

Cons: political social issues, prices, small size, no music

a disappointment

The cupcakes are just lame. I feel very bad to write reviews like this, but that's the feeling I got from the store. After having a lot of great vegan deserts in Paris, I felt that Vegan Folie's could not keep up with them. The cupcake I had tasted a little like it was gone bad and the cheesecake was just tasteless. Would not come back.

Cons: awful cupcakes

Vegan Treats

I was so excited to find a vegan bakery in Paris! The girl who was working there was very friendly. Not a large selection of treats, several cupcakes, one type of cookie, and two cakes. But everything was really nicely presented and I wish I could have tried one of everything . I got a chocolate chip cookie and a chocolate and vanilla cupcake. Both were really delicious. A little on the pricier side but I'm willing to pay it as vegan options are so limited in this city.

Pros: friendly staff, everything is vegan

Cons: expensive

vegan folies

I was so excited to finally have a vegan bakery in Paris. I went there 3 times, because I really waned to give it a second and a third chance. The cupcakes are really awful! The cream doesn't stay on the cupcake, it melts after not even a half hour, the cupcakes are super dry and always taste like they're a couple of days old, Ive tried the salty and the sweet ones, and also the brownies. It is very expensive and very bad. Its a big disappointment.

Pros: entirely vegan

Amasing cupcakes!!

I was lucky going to Paris to discover vegan folies.
And what! Wahouuu! I really enjoyed myself!
I took 4 different cupcakes and 2 cheesecakes to take away. I ate one cupcake with a tea beverage on the spot.
Result: I fell in love with these cakes are so tasty, soft, melting, in a word, delicious! I regret not live in Paris to be able to eat every day!
Next time I will taste the brownies and sandwich cookies!

Pros: Vegan, organic, Friendly staff, Excellent cakes

Lame Cupcake

This bakery is a big disappointment. I never ate cupcakes so bad in my life. The cream without butter is strange, not smooth, with sorts of unpleasant lumps. Nothing to do with a real classic cupcake. Yet it is not difficult to replace butter with margarine. And then the cake is bland and a little bit dry. I even felt like eating something defrosted. The cheesecake is weird and not look like a real creamy cheesecake, This one is heavy and too stiff.
So I realy don't recommend the experience.

Pros: Vegan, Organic

Cons: Bad food, Sad place, Expensive prices

Not Just For Vegans!

I'm only three quarters way to being vegan myself, but my boyfriend is vegan so I thought I'd check this place out. I had a John Lemon cupcake and fell in love at once. I go almost every weekend now to either try the special of the day or to sample the ever evolving menu. As well as fairly standard chocolate cupcakes and cookies, Vegan Folie's isn't afraid to experiment with more interesting ingredients, like rose and lavender. They even do three savoury cupcakes ('cupcakes salés') which are as gorgeous as their sucré counterparts.

Though the cupcakes seem quite expensive, you can easily make a quick and relatively cheap meal out of their 'formules'. A savory cupcake and a slice of cheese cake plus an organic drink might not sound like a lot, but it really does fill you up.

I've taken a couple of non-vegan, non-vegetarians in there too and they both really enjoyed it. If you have friends doubtful of the vegan lifestyle with illusions of eating nothing but lentils, pretend cheese and sawdust, this is the place to take them.

Finally, this bakery is truly committed to be all round vegan in every aspect. Not only are no animal products used anywhere in the cupcake production line, but even the electricity cooking them and keeping them fresh is from renewable sources and the building was painted with ecological solvent-free paint! So more than suitable for through-and-through vegans too.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Lovely vibe

Cons: A little expensive

Delicious vegan and organic cake

I wanted to test this pastry for a while and I was very pleasantly surprised
you have the choice between 7 flavours of cupcakes ( one changes every day )all are beautiful and have a funny name , i choose Butter Reynolds ( peanut butter /chocolate ) , Red Astaire (strawberry / raspberry ) and Bunny Tyler ( carrot cake) they were delicious and not to sweet with soft cake and sweet top .
I also took the Cheesecake Vanilla/cherrie and it was amazing , gorgeous and really tasty .
All of this served with smile et warmth , I will be back to try other flavors and maybe the brownie.

Pros: savoury and sweet, Completely vegan, Friendly staff

Cons: only in Paris !!

Excellents Cupkakes, Cheesekakes et Brownies

L'accueil est chaleureux, les Cupkakes, Cheesekakes et Brownies sont vraiment excellents et magnifiques. De plus, ils sont Bio et Vegans! Le tout pour un bon rapport qualité/prix.

Si vous etes sur Paris, il faut passer chez Vegan Folie's, c'est LA référence dans le domaine des Cupcakes.

Petit conseil: pour autre sur d'avoir vos Cupkakes préférés vous pouvez les réserver par téléphone.

Pros: Gout , Qualité , Rapport qualité/prix

Cons: -, -, -

The only vegan pastry in Paris

Bakery and pastry full vegan. Variety of cakes and sweets. Some of them (like cupcakes) with purpurin and a strange (and no ever good) taste and flavour for us. Much better the cheesecakes. No very cheap but affordables.

Pros: Varied products

Cons: No cheap, Strange tastes

vegan folies

day one in paris and we really wanted to try vegan folies !

we had one cupcake, chocolate noisette or something like that but unfortunately we did not like the cupcake at all. the topping was strange and the cake tasted not chocolate or sweet enough for our taste. we will try something else next time :)

Pros: friendly staff, cute place

Cons: "no seats"

sweet surprise

I was excited to find in Paris a vegan bakery and I went there on Sunday.
I tried with my husband the salty cupcakes (tomato,curry and hummus) - they were good a little bit heavy.
then we tried the sweet cupcakes (almond,strawberry,chocolate ) they were very good apart from the chocolate one that was not so good.
The cheesecake was very tasty and yummy not so sweet.
I will go back again and I am happy that in Paris there are people so courageous to open a 100/% vegan bakery and let vegan people to taste pastries and cakes that are not so easy to ind in this town.

Pros: nice place, good pastries, good cakes

Cons: few seats, some heavy cupcakes

huge letdown

I was so excited to go to this bakery because I've been missing vegan pastries so much since I moved to Paris. Unfortunately the almond vanilla caramel cupcake I had was an enormous letdown. The cake itself was pretty flavorless and boring, but the frosting was downright disgusting: terrible flavor and horrible texture, not at all creamy. The only part I enjoyed were the almonds on top. I may go back again only to try a cookie or a piece of cheesecake, but I will definitely NOT be getting another cupcake.

Cons: cupcake, overpriced, frosting

Paris cupcake love!

My bloke and I were so excited when we passed this little place on our way to another vegan restaurant. We were super happy to see it was open Sunday and headed in there mid-morning. The place was empty so we were able to take advantage of the few small seats. I ordered the Cupcake Du Jour which was chestnut cream and orange confiture, and it was AMAZING. Subtle flavours, not too sweet and it didn't leave me with a sickly sweet feeling as some cupcakes do. My bloke had the Johnny Nutsville which was chocolate and hazelnut with vanilla icing. MUCH sweeter but still utterly delicious. The cupcakes are lovely -- light and moist, really great. They're four euros each which is decent for how much you get and the quality. Others are complaining about no hot drinks but we really didn't mind that -- it's mostly a takeout place so just grab a coffee from one of the millions of cafes in the same area?! We also drooled over the cheesecake, brownies and cookies on display but didn't try them this time.

As others have pointed out the lady running the shop was LOVELY, very polite and friendly and spoke excellent English. She made us feel really welcome!

We'll surely go back next time we're in Paris! Super recommended!

Pros: Lovely cupcake lady, So much choice - many a cupcake flavour!, Delicious and good value

Cons: Not much seating but that was OK!

cute place

Small and quaint cupcake shop. Very friendly service with good english. doesn't open till 11.00 and doesn't serve hot drinks. We tried the tomato basil cupcake - which was delicious! and the hommus felafel one which was not bad either. the john lemon cupcake was pretty good - icing could have been creamier. Also did try the toffee cheesecake - bold flavours, 2 bites each and couldn't go on. Good value for money though and would probably go back for more cupcakes.

Pros: Friendly helpful service, Good value, decent cupcakes!!

Cons: Small place, no hot drinks, overpowering flavours.

Small but good take away option

If you are in for a sweet treat, Vegan Folie's is a great place to go. I had the John Lemon cupcake, 80% for the name though. The pastry was very oily but the pieces of candied ginger made up for that. The lemon cream on top was nice, yet could have been fluffier.
I would have liked to get at least a coffee or any other warm beverage with it, so a little disappointed they only offer Bionade, rice drinks or water.
The cheesecakes looked delicious and I will probably go back to try one of the salty cupcakes (basil & dried tomatoes, hummus, curry) as they looked amazing, their combinations sounded yum and above all, I never had a salty cupcake before...
The girl working there was very friendly and I will not complain too much about the tiny establishment or the missing warm drinks as it is very hard, near to impossible, to get vegan cake in Paris.
All in all it's a great concept but improvable.

Pros: creative cupcakes, organic, nice stuff

Cons: tiny place, only cold drinks, three stools in front of a shelf/ "table

I

As you can read, I love vegan cupcakes and usually I make them at home. For vegans it is almost impossible to get great desserts in a cafe or restaurant so I was really excited abouth that place. I visited abouth 3 or 4 times and really like it, even if there are some bad points, too.
They do nots have hot drinks like coffee and they only have 3 or 4 seeds, so it is almost impossible to eat there.
They have abouth 4-6 cupcakes to chose from, and very few other stuff, today they had one cake and brownies.
The cupcakes cost abouth 4€, the brownie abouth 2€.
They look so great and lovely but they are really to sweet and havy, so even for me how can normally eat 5 cupcakes without any problem even one of them is to much.
But the stuff is really friendly and they sell very special flavours, so try it out ;-)

Pros: beautiful cupcakes, friendly stuff, tasty

Cons: to sweet and havy, almost no seeds, no coffee

Mixed results, but I'll probably go back

I came in the last hour of business on one day so I didn't have many choices. I still found 3 items that I wanted, though. They were the orange flower sweet cupcake, Lebanese savoury cupcake, and toffee cheesecake. The orange flower cupcake had a topping on it that looked like icing but tasted like it was made predominantly out of semolina. "What the hey!" I figured, and gave it a go. It was pretty much terrible. The orange flower water flavour was way, wayy too strong in it. Easily solved by wiping the topping off, though. But then the cupcake itself was also a bit iffy. The texture was good and there was a satisfying caramlisation on the upper surface, but the flavour was just okay. The Lebanese cupcake was pretty gross. I ate it anyway because in Paris there's not much to eat as a vegan and the things from this cupcake store were my 7pm breakfast (don't judge me). Anyway, it certainly taste felafel-y, but it was way, way too strong on the cumin and the texture was weird. I think it had too much of some kind of rising substance in it, because the inside of it had like a crumpet texture....The cheesecake was the best part, which was surprising, since on here a lot of people have given unenthusiastic reviews of the cheesecakes. There was a thick chocolate ganache on top which was very rich and a cookie crust. I actually couldn't finish all of it, and since all I'd had to eat before that in the day was two little cupcakes, that really lets you know just how heavy the sweetness and richness is.

I agree with the points about the richness people have mentioned. I say this in relation to the toffee cheesecake. The pieces could be 1/3 or 1/2 smaller and still be enough for me (why don't I just cut them? because I'm traveling and I have no fridge. Also, shush). Even so, I will likely return to the shop. Vegan dessert shops are pretty much non-existent where I come from, and I think this shop, though hit-and-miss, is promising. It's kinda far away from my hotel, but dat toffee cheesecake.

But as a real vanilla fan, I found it disappointing that almost everything was chocolate.

Pros: Prices not bad with combo deals, Staff really friendly, Quite good

Cons: So rich, sweet, and heavy, Maybe too much focus on chocolate stuff, Location a little bit inconvenient

Miam!

Wow! Vegan treats in Paris! And on top of it the service is super friendly. There's always a new cupcake of the day along with the old standbys (both sweet and savory depending on your mood). Cookies and brownies are also available along with an assortment of natural bottled drinks. Plus the shop is located along one of the cutest little semi-pedestrian streets in Paris. Well worth going!

Pros: All vegan, Great service, Cute cupcakes worthy of gifting

Cons: Not many place to sit inside

Pretty Sweet

I enjoyed the vanilla almond cupcake recently at Vegan Folie's!

The cake itself was dense and not very sweet. More like a muffin or even corn bread (you know how cornbread is just slightly sweet?). However, on the top of this cake I found a frosting that was thick and super sweet.

The cake and frosting pairing made it an enjoyable indulgence. Not out of this world but certainly a nice treat! I will definitely go back to sample the other flavors and deserts next time I'm in Paris.

Pros: Friendly, Vegan

Best cheesecake I've ever had!

There were two options for cheesecakes and we tried them both, the other was with berries and other one with caramel. Best cheesecake I've ever eaten. We ate them whole watching the different cupcakes that were so beautiful it seemed impossible to take eyes off them. There were six different sweet ones and maybe 4 or 5 salty ones. We finally took with us a couple of them. They were good, but maybe not as good as they looked. (I'm not saying they were bad.)

But that cheesecake... it was heavenly. I must agree with those of you who say it was heavy. It was, but I liked it. I will definitely go back for that if I ever visit Paris again.

The atmosphere was boutique-like, quite minimal in decoration, located on a narrow street along with other boutiques. From what I understood you can also order individualized cup cakes if you do that well in advance.

Overall rating: excellent. Not only because of that cheesecake but also because... well, come on, how often do you find a vegan bakery!?!

Check it out

My sister and i went there and it was a quiet cute street i like the atmosphere. we got there a little late so there were not many options. we had a salted caramel cheesecake which was heavy but i liked it and we ate the whole slice. Also we had a hummus cupcake it was ok it was a little stale but loved the idea of a dinner cupcake. we also got a brownie good chocolaty flavor had a little too many nuts in it for me and was very crumbly keep in mind we did go there at the end of the day.
I really did enjoy the experience the women was very friendly and i would go back and its worth the trip to check it out! good luck hopefully there will be more vegan bakeries opening up! peace

A Little Disappointing

Dropped into this place and picked up a chocolate cheesecake, but I have to agree with a couple of the other reviews that it was VERY heavy - to the point that even two of us couldn't finish it together. Which I suppose means that you get your money's worth, but it was also rather stodgy and the chocolate-y taste was somewhat on the bitter side.

Having said that, the woman behind the counter was very friendly, and they do have a range of other products, so as possibly the only vegan cake shop in Paris, don't write it off entirely on the say-so of this one-time visitor.

highly disapointed

I've been to a lot of vegan place.
I really like the location, the seller was really nice, the deserts looked so good but that's it.
I had a cupcake which was just eatable, the topping was so heavy, but tasty (no honor in it , it's just chocolinette)
about the cake it was unsavoury heavy and not sweet at all.
Cudows for the cookie who was Marvellous.

Then I came back another day for a cheesecake.... I was craving for berries so I took the blueberry and vanilla one.
The cheesecake was supper heavy on tofu (should use silken tofu) for a vegan cheesecake (which are usually really light ) I was stoked. the blueberry topping was totally unsatisfied for me: to sum up not really tasty at all.

I think there is a lot to improve, I will come back to take some others in case I just tasted the bad ones.

Delicious vegan treats

I loved this place! I'd go there every day if I could! The lady there was very friendly and spoke great english so we had a lovely chat. There was a great choice of cupcakes, all with fun and tempting names like John Lemon, Jonny Nutsville and Austin Flowers. There's also a cupcake of the day. I had a chocolate hazelnut cupcake and i could've eaten 3 more of them, they were delicious and not too sweet. My partner had an almondy cake with a lovely creamy topping. We ate ours on the premises, at a cute little bar. I loved them so much, I bought a box of 6, which I brought home and have been enjoying every day since! Just a word of warning if you try to do the same, get them packaged in two boxes of 3 because the 6 box is huge! Also get them in the fridge ASAP because the toppings melt fast! I had to wrap each cake in cling film to get them home in one piece. Oh, I didn't mention the savoury cakes: basil and tomato, falafel with hummus and a curry cupcake. I bought a basil one and it was yummy, not at all sweet and full of flavour. If you're a vegan in Paris, don't miss this little gem.

Pros: Friendly staff, Great choice, savoury and sweet, Not too sweet a treat

Cons: There's not one where I live!

Okay

I was going to be more kind but thought this deserved an honest review since it has enough good ones. Had chocolate cheesecake and some chocolate peanut butter cupcake. Took brownie to go. Probably my fault for not getting a fruity icing one, but the two I got (my wife and I) were just okay. I cook a lit of sweets and think mine are better (naturally). But, I think I got the wrong things. Wife says brownie is very good. Prices are high. 4 Euro for a cupcake (regular sized) is a lot. Brownie and cheesecake were in line with other places. Super friendly girl working there. Hope this place succeeds.

Pros: Vegan!!!, Sweets

Cons: A little pricey

A must for sweet-toothed vegans

If I lived in Paris I would become diabetic eating at Vegan Folies. All kinds of sweet and savoury cupcakes made by people obviously passionate about providing sweet-toothed vegans in Paris with some kind of sugary joy - ethically. We tried the falafel cupcake, which tasted EXACTLY like a falafel complete with hummus on top. But we went crazy on the sweet cupcakes and I devoured two delicious choc-chip cookies.

Definitely a must for vegans in Paris. Thanks to the owners - it's been tough having to miss out on all the sweet stuff here in Paris.

Pros: Heaps of options, Delicious

Cons: Best eaten straight away

What a nice vegan place to have in Paris

I was excited to go to an all-vegan cupcake joint. I had the Italian salty cupcake which was absolutely delicious. It tasted like pizza! I highly recommend that item.

The cheesecakes were good, but they didn't taste cheesecake-like.

Pros: Completely vegan, Tasty food, Friendly staff

Cons: Expensive, Limited seating, No coffee

Vegan cupcakes finally in Paris

Vegan Folie's finally brings quality vegan sweets to Paris - delicious and creative cupcakes and also salted cupcakes and vegan cakes. Personally I prefer Vegan Folie's to Ms Cupcake as the cupcakes here are less sweet and somehow feel "healthier". All ingredients are organic and the store abides by a code of ethics such as using local products where possible and using a renewable energy provider. Worth a lot of praise! Best of luck to Vegan Folie's

Sweet spot

Located in Paris center, small and cute shop full of desserts like cheesecakes, sweet and salted cupcakes. The prices are higher than moderate. Everything is hand made. Cupcakes cost around 4 euros, the cupcake of the day and cheesecakes are more expensive.There are some formulas available, like 1 drink (Bionade) + 1 sweet cupcake + 1 salted cupcake = 8 euros.
I asked about the ingredients for coloring, they are natural. So it's a nice place to try, but I can't say I will go there often, there prices for me are still high. Also in the cream of cupcakes I could perfectly feel sugar which were not melted.

Pros: everything is vegan, Location

Cons: More cheesecakes!, more formulas

Vegan Sweet Stars in Paris

Per tutti quelli che visitano Parigi gustare i cupcakes di Vegan Folie's e imperdibile come la visita al Louvre!
Tutti gusti raffinati proposti nelle declinazioni dolce e salata... l'effetto ciliegia é garantito: uno tira l'altro!
E non sono da tralasciare i "non-cheescake" fettone di torta perfette per chiudere un pasto, accompagnare un the o, semplicemente, per soddisfare la gola!
Tengo a precisare che gli ingredienti sono al 100% vegetali e derivati dell'agricoltura biologica, una giovane avventura alla quale auguro (ma ne sono certo) un futuro stellare!

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, Big portions

I LOVE VEGAN FOLIE'S

Wonderful vegan and organic bakery near the Pantheon.
Cupcakes are so beautiful and tasty! I love the peanut butter and chocolate cheesecake :)
It's a place to be in Paris!

Pros: Vegan, Quality, Beautiful

The first vegan bakery in Paris!

Specializing in cupcakes, Vegan Folie's has got you covered with 6 different flavours as well as 3 savory ones! They also offer cheesecakes, cookies and brownies. Soon to come : 'limited edition' cupcakes - I'm eagerly awaiting the holiday specials. This is the perfect place for a snack, and you can even order whole cheesecakes or batches of cupcakes for special occasions. They have many interesting formulas too.

Pros: delicious cupcakes with unusual flavours, great location, friendly staff

not to miss

Exquisite organic vegan cupcakes, cheesecakes and cookies, with delicious classical flavours but also lots of yummy surprising savors like the lavender-apricot cupcake. Organic vegan drinks too. Situated in the nice Mouffetard street. Don't miss it !

Recently opened Vegan Cupcake Bakery

Yum... Lots of colorful and yummy choices are to be found in this newly opened vegan bakery. Located in the heart of the 5th arrondissement, this is a new vegan addition to the Paris vegan world. A selection of delicious flavours is offered daily, as well as yummy cheesecakes and to-die-for brownies. Is Paris becoming a real Vegan destination or what???

Pros: Choice, Taste, Decoration

Cons: Too far from home

Sweet Paradise in Paris

Vegan Folie's is the first vegan patisserie in Paris. The cupcakes are just stunning. They are as beautiful as they are delicious. Flavours are for everyone's tastes: chocolate with Chocolinette (sort of vegan Nutella made out of cashew butter), Vanilla with caramelized peanuts, orange blossom, lemon and ginger, etc...
Moreover, they also serve salty cupcakes (Lebanese, Indian and Italian). A place you definitely can't miss if you are vegan visiting Paris, and a new home if you live in Paris!

Pros: flavours, variety, cupcakes decoration

Return to Paris Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegan Folie's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 11945 times since Dec 2011.