Lacto
International
Beer/Wine
Take-out
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has vegetarian options in addition to fish and poultry. Tofu, seitan, tempeh in vegetarian dishes. Open Tue-Fri 9:00am-3:00pm, Tue-Thu 4:00pm-9:00pm, Fri 4:00pm-10:00pm, Sat 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 4:30pm-9:00pm.

Venue map for Tula Kitchen
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by DJ Oshiana

melissajoselle

Points +99

30 Jan 2024

Great quality

We came in and had a Vegan tuna salad sandwich, and a vegan chicken salad on top of greens and it was all fantastic! Green juice was flavored perfectly. Nothing was too overpowering. Service was kind and efficient. We were so relieved to find a vegan option place here…we were kind of in a vegan food desert.!

Pros: Fresh , Quality , Well done

Cons: I want MORE vegan options always!

bea44

Points +40

17 Dec 2023

Delicious!

I appreciate them having a "vegetarian & vegan" section on the menu, just have to look for a V for which are fully vegan. I ate there only once and had their lentil loaf, which was delicious (a bit mushy) and comes with mashed potatoes and a salad. The server was very friendly. Restaurant is expensive and was loud and a bit slow during my visit. I'm looking forward to trying more from them when I visit again.

Pros: Delicious, Well marked vegan/vegetarian section

Cons: Expensive , Loud, Slow

Daniadames

Points +252

15 Jan 2023

Tula fan!

This is such a nice little restaurant on Main street Bay Shore! The staff are super friendly and attentive which I really liked. Tulas has beautiful decor and they also had several vegan and vegetarian food options (inlcuding tofu crab cakes, noodles, and mini cheesecakes). So I will definitely be returning! However, prepare your wallet! My friend and I got an app each, a drink each, and a single dessert and our total came out to about $80.00. But if you want a pretty date night place or to celebrate this is a great place!

sam31786

Points +517

04 Jun 2022

Delish

The food is delicious and portions hearty. I had the crab cakes and the flavor was bang on. I also had the broccoli cauliflower salad which was satisfying and really tasty. I ordered two desserts to go - chocolate pudding pie and a cupcake. I would order each of these dishes again, it was all good. Service is friendly, and they have a very solid drink menu.

Pros: Great vegan options , Hearty portions, Delicious food

VeganbyChoice

Points +1408

27 Apr 2022

Plenty of Vegan Options

Paid street parking, pay for parking lot, and free parking available (if you don’t mind walking). Nice atmosphere. Big bar. Lots of indoor dining seats and tables available. Friendly service. I started with Vegan Tofu Crab Cakes which are served on a bed of lettuce with tarter dip. Nice flavor. Fell apart as I put my fork though it but it was still a good dish. They serve two cakes (small portion size for the price). Next I had the mama-say, mama-sa, mama-sala. Good flavor and good portion size. The naan was also good. I’ve been here before and have not been let down. I haven’t been here for a while and one thing that did surprise me is that the prices they show online were less than the park ices on the menu Im the restaurant. I was a little surprised when I received my bill. I pointed it out to the server but they didn’t adjust my bill to match their online price. That was disappointing. I was asked to fill out a survey card (which I did).

Pros: Many vegan specific options, Good food, Friendly service

Cons: Online prices did not match dime-in prices

RebeccaSullivan

Points +3089

05 Feb 2022

Best Vegan Reuben

I love Tula Kitchen! I’ve tried the Reuben a few times, the veggie bolognese, and the lentil loaf. Everything is always delicious and the staff is very nice. The Reuben is my all time favorite!

gabandtonic

Points +2750

30 Jan 2022

Wonderful dinner spot

I really love all of the options here. Such a great place for someone looking for a healthy option or something that’s more of a treat.

Heatherly47

Points +37

20 Dec 2021

Fantastic vegan Reuben sandwich and lots of labeled vegan choices on the menu!

Beautifully decorated restaurant with lots of clearly marked options for Vegans. You may need a reservation as this eatery is popular with omnivores.

Pros: Clearly labeled vegan menu, Servers are vegan knowledgeable

Cons: Expensive, Slow service, Need reservations

mel2427

Points +17

Vegetarian
18 Jan 2021

Delicious restaurant

I’ve been going to Tula’s with my family/friends for years, we have even had them cater family events. The food is delicious and there’s a wide range of options. Have never been disappointed with anything I’ve ordered (when I stray from my favorites)

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Delicious, Great service

Cons: I have yet to find any after several years!

jennybarns

Points +267

15 Aug 2020

so good!

tula has lots of clearly marked vegan options (and they make a special note if a dish contains honey). i got the summer lovin’ bowl which was a very colorful and tasty bowl of black rice, roasted veggies, tempeh and a miso tahini sauce. SO DELISH!! i wish i took a picture. it was beautiful but i was too excited to dig in :)

Pros: many clearly marked vegan options, outdoor seating, yummy yummy

Cons: a little pricey but worth it

maggiek93

Points +31

23 Feb 2020

Expensive but good!

Tula Kitchen is so good but a little on the expensive side. We’ve ordered from here a bunch of times and had our friends and family order from here too, and no ones ever been disappointed. They have lots of vegan options and some dishes where you can choose which vegan protein you want, which is great!

Pros: Lots of vegan & vegetarian options

Cons: Expensive

aaadad

Points +38

06 Jan 2020

Several vegan options that will not disappoint!

Never disappointed

Pros: Nice selection of vegan options, Food is always well prepared , For ambiance the west room is better.

Earthling53840

Points +88

04 Jan 2020

Amazing food and nice restaurant.

The meals here are really good and the atmosphere is very nice and relaxing.

prlady13

Points +1074

22 Dec 2019

Fantastic food!

Wow, such delicious vegan food! Tula’s vegan items are listed clearly on their regular menu. I had the falafel, pita and tahini sauce as appetizer and the lentil loaf, cauliflower mash and spinach salad as my entree. Everything was so delicious! I’m not crazy about cauliflower, and I was close to asking for French fries instead of the cauliflower mash. I’m glad I didn’t because it was so good!
My husband had the Tofu crab cakes for appetizer and the bolognese for his entree. Both were very good too. They also have a specialty ginger ale. Very good, sweet but with a slight spice.
The ambiance is nice, but it’s dark in there. I had to use the flashlight on my phone to read the menu. We, unfortunately, did not have any desserts, since we were too stuffed. Can’t wait to go back to Tula’s!

Pros: Variety of vegan options , Food is delicious

Cons: Our server was slow

MariasantaBellucci

Points +22

29 Nov 2019

Outstanding

Upbeat and friendly place with many vegan choices. The staff are friendly, accommodating, and very professional. A very popular restaurant that books out quickly but well worth the wait. The cuisine is creative and absolutely delicious. The vegan ice cream and chocolate cupcake alone will bring me back!

Pros: Lots of vegan choices, Great staff, Upbeat & great decor

Christinaguzman

Points +47

Vegetarian
12 Apr 2019

Cant wait to go back

I went there with friends because they heard of this place and knew there were options for me. I was not disappointed. The food was delicious. They accidentally brought me the wrong thing, but then quickly made my order and brought it out in a timely matter. The vegan cupcake was awesome. I cant wait to have another opportunity to go back.

Pros: love the decor, love the service, love the food

kthomas

Points +343

10 Mar 2019

Great food

The food was super tasty, upscale and romantic atmosphere, prices aren’t bad

DistinctiveSoul

ecbatic

Points +27

28 May 2018

it's decent

tula kitchen is a nice place to go when dining out with omnivores as there's options for both vegans and non vegans. however I wouldn't come here just to dine out in general if with other vegans, it's a decent place but the food doesn't justify the high prices on many of the menu items. the salads are expensive, and so are the sandwiches- everything really. a vegan reuben sandwich shouldn't be nearly 20 dollars. all in all it's good food but way too expensive for the area and the quality of the food itself.

Pros: vegan options

Cons: price and food is only decent

EdwardMcGarr

Points +37

02 Feb 2018

Nice place

They ha e a friendly staff and vegetarian/vegan options. I love the vegan reuben. A little pricey but nothing crazy.

Pros: Convenient, Good food

romeo

Points +84

31 Jan 2018

nope no good!

Sorry I had bad food here. Yet my friend ordered something that was ok and safe. I ordered the tempeh whatever with whatever and it was sooo disgusting! He ordered a Reuben tempeh sandwich and it was actually decent and safe. But they still get 1 star. I hated where they seated us and I hated the waitress. She didn’t know what was what really. Nothing about vegan food, nothing at all! I am not sure why vegans raves about this place. Maybe I was just unlucky that day.

GloriaBila

Points +244

22 Jul 2017

Great place!

I love this restaurant. The decor is beautiful. The staff is always friendly and they have a few good vegan options. I love the lentil loaf!

vurbach

Points +25

24 Jul 2015

Love Tula Kitchen

It's a 40 minute drive from our house but we've come to Tula many, many times. Never disappoints. It's rare to find a nice place that satisfies vegans and omnivores equally well. The vegan choices are interesting and substantial. Great drinks too.

Pros: Cuisine, Drinks, Atmosphere

Keith.montgomery

Points +38

13 Aug 2014

awesome kale and temphe salad!!

Once again, an awesome meal!!

vegann

Points +50

10 May 2013

Why Do People Like this Place?

I am glad that there is a restaurant that caters to vegetarians and vegans. With that said, I have tried this place on multiple occasions hoping that it was a one time thing, but each time I found the food to be not so good. And I can't explain exactly why. And it's not just me. I went with a group of "vegheads" and everyone felt the same way. The atmosphere is so cool it's a darn shame. But this place is always packed, so I guess maybe I have high standards or everyone else just has really bad taste. I don't know. You decide.
Updated from previous review on Thursday May 09, 2013

Pros: Atmosphere, Bar

Cons: Food needs improvement

Jess McNeill

Points +62

03 Jan 2013

Vegan options, most soy/wheat gluten

I've tried a few dishes here over the years, and they have been tasty. I wish they offered more vegan items that did not include fake meat. (Tofu, seitan, etc) if you like that kind of stuff, you will love it here. I try to eat more whole foods so I only go here occasionally. But still glad to have this open close to home.

Pros: Good selection

Cons: No gluten free bread

neutrondave

Points +30

22 May 2011

awesome!

Ate there for my first time last nite. A little on the pricey side, the hummus was to die for. They have a bean salad and pita appetizers (just comes to the table free) that was also killer. Tempeh reuben with vegan Swiss and the black bean burger were also insane. Service absolutely divine (ask for Chrissy), and the atmosphere wad great.

Pros: great staff, awesome food, great decor

Cons: pricey