First Review by VeganYUMYUM

Minimal Vegan Processed Foods (alternatives) - Edit

Don't misconstrue my title, Trader Joe's offers several vegan options, for the kind of vegan that wants to eat mostly unprocessed alternatives. There were minimal Vegan meats, cheeses, and other meals. I found no tofutti pizzas, one deli meat, one vegan cheese, one vegan sour cream, and one vegan cream cheese. However, most of the store is organic (if not everything). There are seasonal vegetables and fruits, several whole grain breads, crackers, popcorn, frozen veggies/fruits, beers, wine, nuts, and snacks. The prices are comparable to big box stores starting with a V and an A in the area. Overall, great small whole foods store if you are a minimally processed vegan.

Pros: Seasonal Produce, Most-to-all Organic, Friendly Service

Cons: Minimal vegan alt meat/cheese/meals, Seasonal Produce, Not broke-vegan friendly

My Kind of Service and Selction! - Edit

Oh my goodness the staff here is so nice, helpful, and friendly here! I live on the other side of town and Lassen's is way closer to me but I spend the extra gas money to come here because the are worth it!

Love this place! - Edit

This store is a really neat place to shop and their prices are good! Most of their stuff is organic AND it's cheaper than Wal-Mart! They have a lot of vegan options (cookies, frozen foods, sandwiches, meat replacers, etc). Their store is set up cute too so it's fun to shop there--I feel like I'm on an island!

Pros: organic, cheap, clean

Return to Bakersfield Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Trader Joe's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 775 times since Feb 2008.