Tortugas Mexican Village

609-924-5143

41 Leigh Ave, Princeton, New Jersey, USA, 08540

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has a dedicated ovo/lacto vegetarian menu section where some of the dishes can be made vegan by requesting no cheese or sour cream. A veg main entree costs around $13-14. Call for hours - tell us.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Take-out, Mexican, BYOB, Non-veg

First Review by djspe

Delicious! - Edit

The best thing at Tortuga is the mole! The vegetarian items are clearly labeled and can easily be made vegan.

My favorite is the combo platter, where you can select two or three items with various combinations. Vegetarian options for the fillings are refried black beans, refried pinto beans, guacamole, sauteed vegetables, and cheese. On most items, you can get green sauce, red sauce, or mole. The mole is AMAZING, but I normally can only handle one item with mole because it is INTENSE!

Another awesome option is the Village Veggie Sampler, which has a vegetable flauta, guacamole enchilada, and bean burrito.

It might be weird to comment on the bathroom, but every time I go in there I am shocked at how clean and extremely pleasant it is. I think that paying that kind of attention to the bathroom is a good sign about the overall quality of the restaurant.

The food here is incredible. I have never left there feeling anything other than delighted and full.

Pros: DELICIOUS, friendly staff, laid-back, pleasant vibe

Cons: long wait to be seated, cash only, hard to find parking

Great BYOB spot, Not so great food - Edit

Tortugas has another location in Lambertville with superior food. It's really a shame because this is a nice BYOB to gather friends and enjoy chips and salsa/guac. Perhaps the meat items are better but every dish I've tried is made with flavorless frozen or poor quality vegetables and without much creativity. I really want to like this place but I'm always disappointed with the food. If you are vegan or don't eat cheese, you're more likely to be disappointed. They charge you extra for chips/salsa which is kind of annoying considering the high price of the cheap food they serve.

Pros: BYOB, good for groups, chips and salsa

Cons: poor quality food, expensive for what you get

Return to Princeton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tortugas Mexican Village closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.