Torteria Olsen

011/4361573

Via Sant'Agostino, 4/b (at Via Garibaldi), Turin, Italy, 10122

Serves lunch. Specializes in cakes and pies. Has vegan options. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-7:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Western, Spanish

First Review by AlexLaPernice

Old-fashioned place with vegan items! - Edit

I have to give 5 stars to a longstanding, old-fashioned pastry shop that regularly gives space to vegan items!

When I was there, there were TWO choices! Both were cakes, and I am not entirely sure why, but I gave the chocolate cake a try. I am not a big fan of chocolate cake, so that's why it's odd, and I only found the cake so-so. However, in my inexpert estimation, I would say that it was not so distinguishable from a non-vegan version.

It was something like 3.50€ for a slice, so not exactly cheap, but it was a reasonably big slice.

The place is charming, but tiny, and it was packed, so I did not stay. The counter folks knew English well, and were nice. If I lived in Torino, I would probably make regular stops (though, as a caveat, it would depend on the variety they brought to the vegan items – if it were frequently same the same cakes, my enthusiasm would diminish considerably).

Pros: Charming & old-fashioned, More than one vegan choice

Cons: A bit on expensive side, For me, would depend on how much variety day-to-da

Very friendly - Edit

The people are so friendly, very nice. The food is always good and they are helpful to find a vegan solution. They offer vegan cakes which are very good!
The restaurant is very small and cozy. Perfect for lunch ore a coffee break!

Pros: Vegan Cakes, super friendly

Historical place in Turin - Edit

One of the few really longterm places, it has always offered delicious cakes in a nice cosy atmosphere- and is continuing to do so!

Return to Turin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Torteria Olsen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.