Tokyo

• ( 11 reviews )

1120 Houston St, Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA, 37402

Serves meat, vegan options available. Japanese restaurant & sushi lounge. The house specialty menu includes a vegan and vegetarian rolls section with four rolls in each section. The lunch and dinner menu have entree options with tofu as the protein. Previously named Sekisui. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-2:00pm, Mon-Thu 5:00pm-9:30pm, Fri 5:00pm-10:30pm, Sat 11:30am-10:00pm, Sun 11:30am-8:30pm.

Categories: Japanese, Beer/Wine, Asian, Non-veg

First Review by jad37379

rydrums

Points +20

18 Apr 2021

Such a shame as the rolls sounded great.

Saturday evening for take out and told not taking orders in a very rude manner. Also turned away 3 other parties for dine in, restaurant looked half empty! This was 7pm and not near closing time. Exceptionally poor customer service.

The options sounded fantastic and will likely second chance next time I am passing through town.

hangryvegan101

Points +326

28 Nov 2020

Best vegan sushi in Chattanooga

Vegan rolls are on the menu so you no longer have to ask for a separate menu. We have come here so many times and are never disappointed! You cannot go wrong with any roll but some of our favorites are Juggler, Tanpopo, and Buttercup. Highly recommend

Shawna42

Points +1244

22 Feb 2020

Decent, but not great.

The service is lack luster at best.
The food is pretty good but kinda bland. The first order of spring rolls they sent out were literally still Frozen.

Pros: Full vegan sushi menu

Cons: Parking is paid only., Food is bland. , Service isn't great.

BarrieM

Points +67

17 Dec 2019

Vegan sushi!

There are a lot of good options on the vegan sushi menu. The staff are super nice.

KaylaBeth

Points +127

15 Dec 2019

Good sushi selection

The vegan sushi menu had good options, but only four were listed on the website. Staff was a little rude (we did a carry out order) and my sushi was a mess, the rolls had completely fallen apart. Besides the presentation; the sushi was great. Super tasty and inventive, better than the basic cucumber/avocado options most restaurants have. Husband did not enjoy like his food food. Dining in might be better, and I’ll give them another shot next time I’m in town. They seem to have changed owners recently, so it’s very possible that it was just a bad night for them.

Pros: Good options , Tasty sushi

Cons: Rude staff , Poor presentation

khelenek

Points +25

20 Nov 2019

Separate vegan menu

We ordered a few rolls from the vegan menu. Very yummy. There are a lot of ingredients for each roll and a lot of them (lentils, quinoa, carrot shreds) are on top of the rolls. Took a little extra time to get our food, but they brought us edamame while we waited. Overall a great experience.

hensonceleste

Points +26

09 Feb 2019

I had the Juggler wrap and it was delicious!

I had the Juggler wrap and it was delicious!

A.Patel

Points +28

30 Oct 2018

Amazing

I was very happy to see 4 different vegan rolls on their menu as I’m over the standard cucumber carrot roll served at every sushi restaurant. However, I was absolutely overjoyed when I asked if they offered more vegan rolls and the server brought me an ENTIRE MENU. It was about 12 different rolls to choose from as the other reviewer stated. I ordered 3 and they were absolutely delicious, probably the best sushi I’ve ever had, vegan or not. My non vegan husband was also impressed. The service was great as well. If we ever visit Chattanooga again I would go back in a heartbeat.

Pros: Great vegan selection, Friendly service

kendragc

Points +20

02 Oct 2018

Very impressed. Five stars, if I could.

They have a small vegan section in their main menu but when I told the waitress I was vegan she shared the entire vegan menu with us. You have to ask. At least over 12 rolls and they were delicious and very creative. Some were spot-on and some were a bit different for Japanese rolls. But all delicious. It does take them extra time to make and they were very good at letting us know about that. For a small southern city without a whole lot of options for travelers I was so glad I found this place.

Pros: Entire menu for vegan rolls.

Cons: Takes some additional time to prep these rolls.

saynotopunx

Points +31

24 Mar 2018

Trying, But Not Very Hard

I had heard lots about Sekisui's expansive vegan offerings, so I decided to check it out. The waitress didn't know much of anything about the vegan menu or what could be modified to vegan from their regular menu. Kudos to the restaurant for offering a vegan menu at all, but it shouldn't be this hard to find vegan options at a restaurant that has a vegan specific menu.

Pros: Staff is friendly, Vegan menu, Nice quiet atmosphere

Cons: Expensive, Staff is not knowledgeable about their menu

jad37379

Points +122

03 Mar 2018

Great Plant-strong Sushi!

They have an entire VEGAN menu!

Pros: delicious!

Return to Chattanooga Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tokyo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.