TJ's

Contact 330-264-6263

359 W Liberty St, Wooster, Ohio, USA, 44691

Serves meat, vegan options available. While it's primary a meat restaurant, it's the only one in Wooster with a separate vegan menu - ask for it. Offers about 7 choices. Casual. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-9:00pm, Sat 4:30pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Non-veg

First Review by drwiz

Do not confuse vegan with good - Edit

I was excited by the separate vegan menu-- the food descriptions sounded good. Unfortunately, the execution of the dishes left a LOT to be desired. My partner and I shared an entree salad for our appetizer. The salad was good so we were hopeful the rest would follow suit. He got the squash and I got the Thai eggplant. Both dishes were improperly cooked-- the half acorn squash was raw and crunchy and my breaded eggplant was a paltry frozen undercooked rag. Neither dish had much flavor/seasoning, lacked depth and interest. The vegetables in the stuffed squash were exactly the same as those in the salad we had already had and my eggplant dish was pathetically small (1 paper thin slice of breaded eggplant) with some green beans and a tiny bit of jarred sauce on top.

We went with carnivores, whose food was even more disgusting looking-- raw fatty meat and boxed mac and cheese-- yuck! Even these indiscriminate palates were not pleased with the quality of their food, which I think really says something.

I do hate to bash restaurants that try to cater to vegans, but if it isn't good, it isn't good. What can one say? The food was also very expensive, considering the portion and quality.

I would never willingly return to TJs. The upside, at least, is that if you are stuck dining with animal eaters, you at least have a place to go.

Pros: Nothing

Cons: Expensive, Flavorless, Monotone

Very vegan friendly and very tasty - Edit

Not only is TJ's an excellent restaurant with plenty of vegan and vegetarian options, we also were lucky enough to have them cater our vegan wedding reception, and even our meat-eating guests raved about the food. Our opinions may be slightly biased, but we feel it was the best wedding reception food we've had at all the wedding's we've been to. The food both in-restaurant and catered was amazing and my wife and I will gladly come back whenever we are in the area. Servings are large and you will not leave hungry.

Pros: excellent food, good value, flexible chefs

Best in Wooster - Edit

TJ's has made a real effort to appeal to vegans with a separate vegan menu. Offering about 7 different entrees, with another 3 or 4 items off the regular menu that qualify, the food is very tasty and they are willing to try and work with you on special requests. This is the only vegan menu in Wooster, but even if it wasn't, it would be a good choice. The outdoor patio is a nice feature for 3 seasons.

Pros: Tasty food, Generous portions, Friendly staff

Cons: Limited menu

Return to Wooster Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has TJ's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1353 times since Sep 2009.