The Vegetarian

• Vegetarian
Contact 715-483-2800

109 S Washington St, St Croix Falls, Wisconsin, USA, 54024

Northern and southern Indian vegetarian cuisine. Dumm aloo, naan, uthappam, dosa, curry dishes, desserts, and more. Previously in the Twin Cities for 20+ years.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Take-out

First Review by TALLROTTIEMAMA

What a gem in a small town! - Edit

My parents have lived in the area for years, and what a revelation it was when they told me they had a vegetarian restaurant!

The owner/chef makes great food and is also very friendly.

Almost anything can be made vegan, and the taste of the dishes I have had has been excellent. My omnivore, raised-on-the-farm parents even love the place!

Highly recommended, and support it if you live near by, please!

Pros: Indian food, Vegan options, Friendly

WORTH A TRIP!!! - Edit

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE GOING TO THE VEGETARIAN. I TRY TO PICK A DIFFERENT ENTREE EACH TIME, BUT SOME THINGS REMAIN THE SAME- I START OFF W/ A FEW FAT TIRE'S & THE APPETIZER SAMPLER. I ALWAYS ORDER THE ONION NAAN W/ MY MEAL. IT COMES OUT BUBBLY HOT MMMMM. I COULD TRULY JUST HAVE THESE, BUT I JUST CAN'T STOP. THE BEST PART IS, I ALWAYS BRING HALF MY ENTREE HOME. OF COURSE IT DOESN'T MAKE UNTIL DAWN! I SWEAR IT CALLS OUT TO ME & I CAN'T SLEEP.
EVERYONE IS SO KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT ALL THE FOOD, YOU CAN ASK THEM ANYTHING. THE OWNER IS VERY NICE TOO, HE USUALLY COMES OUT TO CHECK ON US TO SEE HOW EVERYTHING WAS. I LIMIT MYSELF TO COMING HERE ONCE A MONTH, OR I WOULD BE HERE DAILY.
IF YOU DON'T LIVE CLOSE BY- MAKE THE TRIP HERE! IT'S SO WORTH IT! ST CROIX FALLS IS BEAUTIFUL. IT'S A GREAT LITTLE TOWN TO WALK AROUND, SO COME WHILE IT'S STILL LIGHT OUT. THERE'S A PARK TO WALK AROUND ABOVE THE DAM, AND YOU CAN WATCH THE EAGLES. IT CAN BE FUN OR ROMANTIC. IT'S FUN TO EAT, THEN WALK AROUND THE PARK AFTER. IT'S A NICE ENDING TO A GREAT MEAL!!

Pros: HEALTHY, EXCELLENT FOOD, EXCELLENT STAFF

Return to St Croix Falls Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 733 times since Apr 2011.