The Studio

Contact 843-785-6000

20 Executive Park Rd, Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, USA, 29928

Serves meat, vegan options available. Focus is on local and organic, including the wine list. Labels the few items that are veg/vegan suitable. Open Tue-Thu 5:30am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:30am-10:00pm, Sun 5:30am-9:00pm.

Category: American, International, Organic, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by NoCookingVegan

Good vegetarian & vegan options - Edit

Very good vegetarian & vegan items, marked clearly on the menu. The dining area is relatively small. The service is good & formal. They had a vegan desert option. We had the soup of the day, pad thai, hummus, plantain gnocchi, & cheesecake. This was too much food as the portions are large. We should have stuck with 2 entries, or 1 entree & 2 other small dishes. The food was good, but not incredible. The prices are of course high. But for a vegetarian or vegan on Hilton Head, this was good. If you dine again within 30 days you can use your receipt for buy one entree get one free.

Pros: marked vegetarian & vegan options, vegan desert, creative food

Cons: expensive, formal diing

Cuisine beyond the Standard Vegan Option - Edit

The Studio bills a fine dining experience, but I find it more bohemian. The vegan portion of the menu has about 4 options, some of which seem standard but most of which have special flavor twists. We got "exotic mushroom crepes," but I was disappointed at zero exotic mushrooms, as billed, but all porcini. The plating is nice, but the "price is [not] right," in my opinion.

Pros: vegan options, unique flavor combinations

Cons: overly priced

My favorite fancy vegan restaurant - Edit

This place rocks. The owners are vegan animal activists. The menu has a vegan section, and they decided not to make the entire restaurant vegan because it would not sustain itself. Understandable. They always have about 6 vegan entrees, and multiple vegan appetizers and always have at least one amazing vegan dessert! The only problem is it is very, very, very expensive. I'm talking about $26 for a plate of pad thai expensive. So this is for special occasions or if you are rich lol. The other cool thing is the art work on the walls. One of the owners paints animal activist paintings and sells them from the restaurant ! Very cool ~

Pros: yummy, lots of vegan options, healthy

Cons: expensive

Best vegan dinner in HHI! - Edit

I visit HHI twice a year and always make sure to eat here. The service is exceptional and the vegan options are always excellent. Buffalo cauliflower is delicious and they always have some kind of sorbet for a dessert option. You won't be disappointed.

large vegan/vegetarian section of menu! - Edit

The food was phenomenal! I went with my non-veg family and they were all jealous of my delicious "seasonal salad" with buffalo cauliflower- so jealous that we went back just for that another day. I had the Plantain Gnocchi for my main course which had a delicious Thai coconut sauce and then they had vegan chocolate cheesecake with almond milk ice cream for dessert! I never get dessert so it was a great treat. I want to go back to try the other options on the menu ... I would highly recommend this place!

Unique and Superb Vegan/Vegitarian Food! - Edit

The food here is phenomenal! It's a rare treat to find a restaurant that has a focus on vegan and vegetarian food. It's not an afterthought, it's more like the focus. From appetizers, soups, entrees and desserts, both vegan and vegetarian items and WOW are they good. Nothing normal here, nothing basic. It's all really really interesting. The chef here is fantastic.
There is a small intimate staff, makes for a very personal touch to the experience. Food, art, music, friendly staff and great wine.
I had the Eggplant Jambalaya, loved it. I posted a picture of part of the menu to give you an idea of what they have, but I also posted a picture of my meal as the menu description does not do it justice.

This is a fine dining experience, but it did not seem like you needed to be too fancy. It was mostly full while I was there and there was a wide range of attire, but nicer than average.

There are 3 dining areas: main room, 2nd dining room, and an outdoor patio. Also a small bar where you can also dine.

worth a visit if you are in Hilton Head

Pros: Excellent Selection of Veg Options, Hi Quality Food & Service

Absolutely wonderful! - Edit

We were visiting meat-eating friends on HHI. I suggested The Studio so I could find something to eat, and we were all very happy with the choice. They have so many vegan options, and the eggplant dish I chose was delicious. One of the meat-eaters chose the vegan Pad Thai, and she loved it, too. The vegan sorbet dessert was wonderful as well. The only complaint I had was that the live music was too loud for normal conversation.

Note that this is a white tablecloth, upscale restaurant, not the place to drop in for a quick bite to eat.

Pros: Varied menu option, Excellent food, Friendly staff

Cons: Music too loud

Upscale with Nice Vegan Options - Edit

This was a lovely night at this interesting restaurant. There is art everywhere, much of which are creations of the owner, I believe. We were there on a Friday night and there was a local musician who did a nice job. The food was very good - not only are there several vegan options on the menu, but the kitchen was more than happy to offer other suggestions besides those "from the garden" on the menu. We started with the hummus appetizer, which was great (and abundant!) For entrees we ordered the mushroom crepes and the 'hippie loaf' - both were very good! Dessert was some tasty sorbet from local creamery Pino Gelato. Unique and tasty!

Pros: plentiful options for vegans, well-labeled vegan menu items, friendly staff

Cons: A little pricey

Finally, a veg-knowledgeable place on HHI - Edit

There are at least 5 veg/vegan items on the menu, and their soup of the day is listed as always veg*n. Interesting food options, not just mushroom risotto. The chef understands how tastes work, and uses that to create. I had something called Hippie Loaf, and while the name was a little condescending, it tasted great. Hubby had wild mushroom crepes and raved.

If you are vegan, make sure the 'accompaniments' are also vegan, as I doubt the mashed potatoes are, for example. (The meat eaters enjoyed their food too - don't get ticked off about that statement: I know that it can be nearly impossible to make both omni and vegi happy in one place, especially in a veg black hole like this area.)

I didn't notice any vegan desserts, but I would think that a phone call before to request one would be welcomed, as would an on-the-spot request - I have a feeling the chef could make it happen!
The Studio was lovely, with great service, quite a formal atmosphere, but with a laid back vibe. (We arrived in shorts and were welcomed the same as the lady in a long black dress.) It is very expensive, but if you want a special occasion meal, this is it.

Pros: Veg*n food on HHI, Proper service, Understands good veg food

Cons: Expensive

great vegan labels - Edit

This is a somewhat upscale restaurant close to the beach that has multiple vegan options which are clearly labeled. The waitor was knowledgeable and friendly. We even had a baby in our group and they were very accomodating by giving us a private room!

Pros: clearly labeled vegan options, exceptional service, close to beach

Cons: strange artwork in certain places, easy to make reservations

Return to Hilton Head Island Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Studio closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2013 times since Apr 2013.