First Review by danika

a good post Surfing / Kayaking destination - Edit

After my sister and niece and I finished kayaking, we hopped on over to this yelp recommendation. Originally a juice bar for many years, the current owner purchased it and made it a small restaurant. Too small actually, because it's so well frequented by it's clientele, we had to wait in line outside the door. But we were fortunate to snag a table.

My sis got the Grilled Cheese Sandwich which had Perfect Toast, great chips, very smooth cheese. My niece loved her Shrimp Tacos saying they were a good combination of flavors. I got the HB Surround Sound Burrito with grilled tofu– good BBQ Sauce, but becomes overwhelming by the end of the burrito and the Ginger Lemonade which was on special with a little too much ginger.

There's cool paintings, sketches, and photography for sell on the walls ranging from $20 to $100 with an overall surfer theme.

Veg out,

Veggie Army
www.VeggieArmy.com

most excellent! - Edit

Went for breakfast on a Saturday morning. Had a veganrizo burrrito and loved it. Its rare that I find a place where I don't feel as though I could make the meal better myself. The staff and service were also great. I highly recommend this place!

Pros: good value, good size portions, excellent selection

Cons: none

GREAT place + by the beach! - Edit

If you are ever in HB, you gotta check this place out. Super yummy food for both herbivores and omnivores. Wonderful juice bar with vegan baked goods as well! Cozy location right by the beach. The place is small and often busy, but so worth the wait!!!!

Pros: great food, cozy atmosphere , wonderful staff

Cons: small place, often busy

Yummy food - Edit

This place is very small & busy but oh SO worth the wait. My niece even liked her taco & the vegan orange dream cupcake. Coming back on my next visit to Cali.

Pros: Great vegan food, non smoking, near beach

Cons: small, Seating area small

Lots of Vegan Options - Edit

The Secret Spot has lots of vegan options for a non-veg location. In fact I would say most items are vegetarian or vegan (It would have been nice if the items were more clearly marked rather than having to read through all the descriptions of their extensive menu. But it seems that most items can be veganized with a simple request to their friendly staff). I got the Veganrizo Breakfast Burrito and it was good. My bf got teriyaki tacos which were also good. The food tasted fresh, and it had a homecooked feel to it. They have a large juice and smoothie menu with soy milk options. They have vegenaise but no vegan cheese. They have hummus, salads, bowls, sandwiches, breakfast burritos, tacos. I only mention all of this because they have no website. They also had cramped seating arrangements (I went on a Saturday, perhaps during the week it's easier to get a table). You can expect it to take up to 20 minutes for your food as it did ours, however they are making the food fresh so it is understandable and kind of fits the laid back beach atmosphere of the place. The workers are friendly, and the prices are fairly inexpensive(7.50 for breakfast burrito w/chips and salsa). Though I would not drive out of my way to go here again, they have great vegan options for people who are local to the area, or tourists. It is an easy walking distance to the beach from here as well. Secret Spot is not easy to see from the street, but once you turn into the gas station lot you will see it along the side of the shopping center. Check it out next time you're in Huntington.

Pros: fresh and fairly inexpensive food, lots of variety for non-veg restaurant, friendly service

Cons: cramped interior

Good food, knowledgable staff! - Edit

Headed out to HB for a veg meetup and this place didn't disappoint. The staff was really helpful about telling us what's popular & what's veg. I had a breakfast burrito (yay! another place that serves vegan breakfast all day!!) with tofu & potatos & salsa & all kinds of yummy goodness. My husband tried a lemon-flavored unturkey burrito, he really enjoyed the flavors. Each dish comes w/a small side of chips & really good salsa- lots of flavor and just enough heat.

They also have vegan cookies for $1 each, everyone in our party just had to have one and we almost had a race to snag the very last one in the basket. ;) They have vegan-friendly smoothies that are yummy. The cheese is not vegan, but they reccomend subbing hummus instead.

Pros: Knowledgeable staff, Breakfast all day!, Lots of healthy smoothies

Cons: Small space, Not much parking

Nummy - Edit

I've know about The secret Spot for about a year. I just recently moved to HB & had a chance to try it. I had the HB Surrond Sound Burrito. It was excellent . I can't wait to go back & try more items on their menu =D

Pros: Good food

Cons: Staf a bit distracted

Wonderful!!!! - Edit

The staff was friendly and inviting. The food was wonderful and affordable. Ate breakfast, lunch and dinner there best experience ever. Had a wide variety of offerings for both vegi and vegan including awsome vegan pancakes.
very yummy, cant wait to go back!!!!

Really good! - Edit

We had a great brunch / lunch by the beach! Got to sit outside in the sun and enjoy a delicious meal... I had a breakfast burrito and my husband had a veg-turkey taco platter - both were really good! They had a good selection, I just wish it were all veg!

Pros: Fresh food, Good selection of veg/vegan dishes, Laid-back atmospehere

Cons: Not all veg, Needs more seating

freaking great! - Edit

the secret spot rocks, yeah its not 100% vegetarian/vegan but it kicks ass. They make almost every dish vegetarian. The review before was right, their smoothies are great. They use all fresh ingredients and make things on the spot. After eating here you will be full for a long time. They also have specials throughout the week. Its a place you definitely should try at least once.....and my guess is, once you do you'll go back many many times.

Pros: great food, great people, great atmosphere

Cons: small dining area inside

this place rocks! - Edit

it's a cute little joint across the street from bolsa chica state beach. their food is colorful and delicious! almost everything on the menu can be made veggie or vegan. they also have awesome smoothies and fresh squeezed juices if you're looking for something on the lighter side. yummy!

Pros: amazing staff, delicious food

Cons: limited seating

Return to Huntington Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Secret Spot closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4038 times since Nov 2007.