First Review by tcascade

I was Disappointed - Edit

I tried to take my motorbike on the death-defying road to the Sanctuary. About half-way up one hill my motorbike was wiser than I, and it just said, "uh, no".

Undeterred, I rode to Haad Rin, where I hired a boat, for 400 THB each way. That's about $13 USD right now. It is a short, and scenic boat trip.

When I arrived, I was greeted by the exceptionally friendly staff. The cafe is beautiful and scenic, looking out on a wonderful beach with big granite boulders.

The menu however,...I think my expectations just undermined me. There was a lot of junk food on the menu. Given their mission and purpose for existence, I have no idea why this restaurant isn't 100% vegan. But, it is not. The food was not very good, and the dude smoking nearby was just annoying as hell. It just didn't seem to fit with the surroundings and with what I have read about the Sanctuary online.

I was disappointed.

Their accommodations are pricey. The restaurant is cash-only, and there is no ATM. Some of the other diners seemed a bit pretentious to me, and to be honest, I probably won't return here. Too bad really. So much wasted potential.

Return to Koh Phangan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Sanctuary Thailand closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1685 times since Feb 2012.