The Pop Shop

240-575-9070

241 N Market St, Frederick, Maryland, USA, 21701

Serves meat, vegan options available. Specialty soda shop offering sweets and fast food. Has vegan ice cream and milkshakes, and a vegan sloppy joe. Open Mon 11:00am-8:00pm, Tue-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-8:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by mday

9 flavors of vegan ice cream! - Edit

My vegan friend and I popped into The Pop Shop for dessert, and were excited to discover nine vegan ice cream flavors to choose from - including soy, rice, almond milk, and coconut milk-based options. After much deliberation, we settled on three scoops: coconut milk chocolate salt malt, coconut milk cookie batter, and soy chocolate. My friend also added vegan whipped cream!

It wasn't entirely clear from the signs what the shop's vegan options were. However, the woman working the counter was super nice and helpful, taking good care of us in addition to the many other patrons in the shop. She told us that they also offer vegan hot cocoa and milk shakes, as well as vegan sloppy joes and hot dogs.

Atmosphere is charming and fun too.

We will definitely be back!

Updated from previous review on 2018-04-08

Pros: Many vegan options, Friendly, helpful staff, Fun atmosphere

Cons: Menu signage a bit confusing

Unique Shop - Edit

This shop offers only one vegan meal - a sloppy joe - but, it does have plenty of options for vegan ice cream! Placing an order is very confusing at first, because they have a very limited supply of certain brands and therefore they can't be used to make a float or a milkshake. I know there are at least two types that can be used in milkshakes and floats, but to be honest, the staff can be a bit confusing in their explanations. The speciality (and limited) flavors are interesting and fun, but be aware that the portion size will be very tiny! Maybe like a kid's size serving or even smaller. The ones they have available in multiple scoops, milkshakes, or floats are made with a soy base. The vegan sloppy joe is one of the blandest things I've tried, but at least the effort is there! With so many other options (Hippy Chick Hummus is a short walk away), I would go elsewhere for food. Many of their sodas are vegan, depending on your definition (ie - do you consume sugar or not?), so there's also that. I would give this place a lower rating for the food/poorly explained ice cream rules, but I think people should at least give it a try. As far as I know, they're not mislabeling products and at least they're trying.

Pros: Vegan Ice Cream/Floats, Special Sodas

Cons: Confusing Staff, Bland Food

Return to Frederick Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Pop Shop closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.