First Review by dbowland

Each of our group of 5 enjoyed our delicious lunch - Edit

Not a lot of vegan options but enough that I was able to thoroughly enjoy my vegan spinach garlic garbanzo soup and humus sandwich on gluten free bread, hold the basil mayo! Yummy and vegan ginger cookie for dessert. The others enjoyed their non vegan choices immensely!

Pros: Lovely retro environment, Friendly staff, Vegan options, fresh ingredients

Cons: A bit cool temp inside

Wholesome, slightly bland - Edit

My gf and I had an avocado sandwich, chilli and soup. All three came with multiple one-inch slices of thick homemade bread, so the meal was half untoasted bread. It was lovely bread, but we took most of it home in order to avoid carb comas. The entrees were so-so. They lacked flavour, though they were quite healthy. Some introduction of spices would help improve things.

No problem with ordering vegan options, which was a bonus.

The atmosphere wasn't so crash hot. Low ceilings and a cement floor made me feel like I was eating in a basement, though it wasn't in one.

Great for families, as there was a kid's corner with things to play with... Right by our table... With excitable kids making lots of noise.

Not sure if we'll go back.

Needs more Vegan options - Edit

This place is cool, but they seem to refuse to offer an option to eggs when a lot of their menu has eggs in it. If they offered an *OPTION* so people could chose - eggs or tofu scrambler, it would totally rock. Great bean chilli.

Pros: Chilli, All vegetarian

Cons: No alternative to Eggs, Cold in morning.

Return to Peterborough Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Planet Bakery and Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3675 times since Aug 2007.