The Hill

( 1 review )

9110 Selborne Ln (at Serenbe Development), Palmetto, Georgia, USA, 30268

Serves meat, vegan options available. Farm-to-table restaurant where the waiters are accommodating. Mention if vegan when making a reservation. Jan 2018 under new management. Open Tue-Fri 5:00pm-9:00pm, Thu-Fri 11:00am-2:00pm, Sat-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Beer/Wine, European, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by rachelgirl8

When I made the reservation I mentioned being vegan. The staff were SO nice and accommodating. The waitress immediately mentioned me being vegan before we even looked at the menu and pointed out all of their options without me needing to ask. They even offered to make things off-menu for me. I got the wheat bread for an appetizer, which was the best bread I've ever had in my entire life. Next were the fries- some of the best I've had, and that's saying a lot because I always order fries when available. The pita sandwich i got was great- not amazing due to the skimpy fillings, but the pita itself was awesome. I skipped desert because I was so full.
My experience this time was different. My boyfriend and I used to love to go here because they were so accommodating and friendly. I'm always scared that I will seem like a burden at other restaurants, but the waiters made me feel like it was no issue at all. The friendliness and enthusiasm wasn't really present this time around, and I felt guilty for asking about vegan options, which the waitress wasn't knowledgeable about and she had to go out of her way to ask the chef. I ordered the veg plate ($18) with sunchokes, pommes frittes, and roasted root vegetables. Fries were much different than they were the past 2 times. They were thin cut and overly salted, kind of like fries from McDonalds or Steak N Shake. The vegetables were great. We ordered a side of sourdough bread and it wasn't very good, but worth $4. We'll still be returning of course, but since they got new management I guess the training wasn't the same.

Pros: Lots of off-menu vegan options , Accommodating staff, Great atmosphere

Cons: Expensive

Return to Palmetto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Hill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.