The Dragonfly Cafe

717-581-8899

245 Bloomfield Dr Ste 100, Lititz, Pennsylvania, USA, 17543

Serves meat, vegan options available. Nut-free coffee house cafe. Vegan choices include quinoa salad, desserts, some bread, soy milk for drinks. Could ask to omit cheese on the vegetarian items. Sometimes has vegan baked goods and soup of the day. Hosts live music. Open Mon-Thu 8:00am-8:00pm, Fri-Sat 8:00am-9:00pm, Sun 8:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by kyramidx

Options? - Edit

I only remember having one vegan choice on the menu when I was there... I forget what it was because it's been while. It wasn't the burger referenced, I want to say it was the all so classic 'veggie wrap' you find everywhere. They did have vegan lattes, so that was cool I guess.

Pros: Vegan lattes, vegan matcha lattes

Cons: Not many food options at all

Cheese on a "Vegan Burger" - Edit

I ordered the "vegan burger" on the menu without the roll - salad style. It came with cheese melted on it and hardly any veggies! When I looked closer the description said it came with cheese, but who would think that when the bold letter title was "vegan" mushroom burger. I agree with other reviewer that it was a frozen veggie burger, not made in house. Smoothie was ok. I gave 2 stars more for location. At least I can grab a bite here before going to the nearby 3D Imax movie theater if I don't have time to go into Lancaster.

Pros: location where there aren't many other options

Cons: poor quality food but high price

California Burger - Edit

I eat meat on occasion, however, when going out to eat i usually tell the waitress i am vegan because i problems digesting dairy. I stumbled upon the Dragonfly Cafe last night and had an awesome California Burger. The price was comparable to what you would have paid elsewhere and it was great to know i was eating fresh ingredients. I ordered it to go as i was waiting the staff were very attentive, even though the place was really busy, to make sure i didn't need anything else or anything while i was waiting. I would definitely go back.

Frozen Veggie Burger - Edit

My boyfriend and I went here a couple months ago because my parents live in Lititz, and I was excited to hear that they had a place nearby that now offered vegan options.

They have only a few options, which is at least nice that they have anything - HOWEVER. We both ordered The Mushroom Vegan Burger, which was advertised as: Organic veggie burger, sautéed mushrooms and caramelized onions. With lettuce and tomatoes. It was $9.

Service was quick which was great, we took the order to go, and when we got to my parent's house and opened up the to-go container, we found...a small veggie burger, in between two super tiny kaiser rolls (top and bottom). This had been placed in a container about 8 times it's size. The bun seriously was about the size of an English muffin. Also, the only toppings were about 3 or 4 mushrooms that looked like they had been canned, a tomato slice that was about 2 centimeters long, and a very, very sad looking slice of tiny lettuce. No onions to be found.

When I took a bite, it tasted just fine; except for the fact that I recognized it. Probably because we had the same exact Gardenburger brand veggie burgers at home in our freezer.

Please don't waste your money here. For $9 (each!) we got this obviously frozen veggie burger, with a sad attempt at toppings, that included a small bag of chips (the ones they give out at Isaac's). If frozen veggie burgers are your thing, go out to your local grocery store and buy 'em, they are about 4 bucks for 4 of them.

If you DON'T want to waste your money, look elsewhere.
Updated from previous review on Friday September 05, 2014

Updated from previous review on Friday September 05, 2014

Pros: Quick Service

Cons: Frozen Burgers, Expensive

Return to Lititz Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Dragonfly Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.