CLOSED: The Daily Grind Cafe

( 1 review )

613-233-2233

601 Somerset St West, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, k1r 5k1

Serves meat, vegan options available. An art cafe that caters to special diets, including gluten-free, upon request. Has vegan cheese on stock. Coffee is organic. Confirmed closed due to fire, please let HappyCow know if it re-opens, Oct 2015.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Western, Fast food, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Canadian, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by IkoOo

Can help if you're lost in the area - Edit

Nous sommes allés dans ce restaurant mais dans l’ensemble le choix végane est assez limité. Déconseillé pour les mangeurs de viande qui seront déçus le midi (notre accompagnateur omni a eu un plat de viande qui avait l'aspect et le gout du carton bouilli !).
J’y ai quand même dégusté une bonne salade caesar végane. Au moins…

I went there because there was no other place to eat. I am happy to have a good vegan Caesar salad, but my neighbours did not appreciate that much. The soup of the day was tasteless and our omnivorous friend had hardly-moist-cardboard-like ground meat although we specifically asked for a real piece of meat. They nevertheless suggested to change the plate and that he ordered something else. Which is fair. By my experience : helps if you’re in the area with no place to eat, but not worth the trip.

Return to Ottawa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: The Daily Grind Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.