The Co-op Cafe

Contact 814-456-0282

1341 W 26th St, Erie, Pennsylvania, USA, 16508

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe located inside Whole Foods Co-op store. Offers fresh baked goods, wraps, sandwiches, smoothies, juices, and soups as well as a large selection of grab-and-go. Previously named Fresh Horizon's Cafe.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by sashwap

pretty good - lots of vegan options - Edit

Came twice while driving through. First time I got the vegan pizza with daiya cheese and peppers. The crust was pre made so it didn't really taste home made, but it was decent.

The other thing I tried was a tofurkey club with tempeh bacon, tomato, cashew cheese, lettuce, and veganaise. It tasted very good. My only suggestion would be to ask them to toast it because it was hard to eat with the bread soft.

Yum! - Edit

A little health food haven. My husband ans I are traveling cross country and I was so happy to find this place. The lentil walnut Burger is amazing! Better than I've has at home in NYC!

Pros: good price, super yummy vegan food, stock up at the store as well, friendly staff

Makes Presque Isle Perfect! - Edit

My boyfriend and I ate at Fresh Horizons Cafe in the Whole Foods Co-Op store five days in a row when we were on vacation to Presque Isle in the end of May 2011. By lunchtime on the day following our departure, I already missed the cafe!

The menu at Fresh Horizons Cafe is mostly vegetarian (I believe they serve tuna). About 95% of the menu is available in both vegetarian and vegan form (usually it's just ordering Daiya vegan cheese rather than dairy cheese).

My boyfriend is not vegan, and he loved the food there. He ordered the "Meatless Lovers Wrap" several times, which I also enjoyed.

The cafe offers sandwiches, wraps, smoothies, cookies and other baked goods, soups, and more. Everything is reasonably priced. The co-op store is well-stocked, and the staff and customers are friendly. It's a wonderful atmosphere, and I can't wait to go back on our next trip to Presque Isle!

Pros: Great Food, Good Prices, Organics

Amazing compliment to the Co-op - Edit

The Whole Foods Co-op within which resides Fresh Horizon's Cafe and the Cafe itself were among the vegetarian-specific highlights of my recent travels through the United States.

Fresh Horizon's offers an impressive, and delicious, assortment of smoothies, sandwiches, wraps, deserts, and more, each made on-site, at very reasonable prices. Each among our party of three were very pleased with all that we consumed (each having ordered something entirely different).

Seating can be a bit hard to come by if you are here during the lunch rush but it would seem as though taking extra chairs and squeezing them in at one table would always be a possibility.

I really appreciated their variety of options for smoothies, not just limited to fruit/vegetable/superfood components but for the smoothie base (soy, almond, rice, coconut milk, etc.)

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Considering its very modest size, and it being situated inside a fantastic Whole Foods Co-op (worth a stop alone for some oatmeal soap!), this is an excellent cafe that fully exceeded my expectations.

Pros: Very good food, Choice, Smoothies

Cons: Seating a bit limited when busy

Yum-O - Edit

I am not vegetarian, but started working in the building that houses the co-op/fresh horizons cafe in Sept. 08. I did not think I would ever enjoy TOFU in any way, shape or form but OMG, the chefs in the cafe make it smell, look & taste SO GOOD! My latest discovery was their version of general tso's chicken. I pair this grab & go goody with a cup of fresh cut pineapple to put the fire out in my mouth. The perfect combination of hot, sweet, crunchy & chewy, DELICIOUS & GOOD FOR YOU, there really is a god. I will be picking up this tasty treat again.

Pros: centrally located in town, friendly employees, DELICIOUS FOOD

Cons: too many choices for my feeble brain

Yummm - Edit

Nice find for a vegan on a cross-country trip. I eat mostly raw, but found the Tempeh Rueben and the TLT (tempeh) very yummm and very nice on the tummm. Everyone was very nice (store and cafe). Reasonably priced. Call the number to be reminded it is behind the dental clinic.

Pros: Yummy, Price, Friendly

Cons: Not all vegan

Whole Food Coop and Fresh Horizon's Cafe' - Edit

I am a member of the Coop here and just wanted to share that the whole atmosphere in the building is positive, interesting and friendly. There is something for everyone here and the Cafe' sells such fresh and wholesome food. It's always a treat to visit. For anyone traveling through, the Coop is located to the left of the World of Music store. You need to go to the side of the building to enter, then make a left right inside the door...you will see the tables and the Cafe' staff will readily greet you. Feel free to browse the coop while you are there.

Pros: clean environment, great food, friendly staff

Cons: We need more of these in our region.

Return to Erie Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Co-op Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2845 times since Aug 2007.