The Cafe at Books and Books

Contact 305-695-8898

933 Lincoln Rd, Miami Beach, Florida, USA, 33109

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menu includes a vegan section. Offers daily dinner specials. Lively atmosphere. Open Mon-Thur, Sun til 10pm, Fri-Sat til 11pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Hungry Vegan

Love this place - Edit

The staff are really friendly and not in a fake way.

Outdoor seating and undercover/indoor seating.

Delicious vegan food and happy hour weekdays up until 7pm where food is half price. Absolutely awesome. Food is so tasty and healthy. They could do with more desserts for vegans though.

Pros: Happy hour half price vegan mains, Friendly staff , Good portions of healthy food

Cons: Not enough dessert choices

Great Vegan Lunch - Edit

We had lunch at the café at Books and Books and thoroughly enjoyed our vegan entrees. My husband had the quinoa bowl and I had the veggie wrap sandwich. Both were delicious and quite generous servings. It was nice to see a small section of the menu for vegan entrees.

I highly recommend the café for vegans and people looking for tasty, healthy food. In addition, it was a fun place to people watch.

Delicious! - Edit

Excellent! Generous portions! Everything was fresh and flavorful. I had the vegetable ratatouille and my mom had the organic tofu and wild mushroom stir-fry! (Both from the vegan section of the menu) We will definitely come back again.

Pros: generous portions, fresh food

yay tofu scramble! - Edit

I'd wanted to try this place for lunch or dinner, but didn't get around to it. On our last morning in Miami, I wanted to find a sit-down place for breakfast and assumed that this place would have some good vegan options. At first, I was disappointed because I just saw the usual egg-based dishes listed on the menu. But then I saw you could substitute tofu in the scramble dishes. Got a tofu scramble with mushrooms, tomatoes and scallions. It was very good. My non-veg friends also seemed happy with their meals.

Pros: outdoor seating, good food

A Busy Location - Edit

We walked the length of the mall to eat here. Even though it is at the less busy end of the mall it is more than lively. The first night I had one of the 4 daily specials. The second night, I had the Organic Gallo Pinto and Roasted Vegtables off the permanent menu. Both nights were fine eating experiences with lots of people watching as they walked by in large numbers. There is only one vegan dessert offering but it was very good. A fun eat.

Pros: Friendly and helpful staff, Excellent food, Eating on the mall

Reliable, Abundant, And Satisfying - Edit

Books & Books, always good, always pleasant, always filling. Enjoy a good, healthy meal on LR. My Vegan choices are excellent, love the Platter, always fresh. Vegan standard on the Road.
Updated from previous review on Saturday January 12, 2013

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff

Cons: sometimes a smoker

DIVINE! - Edit

I'm OBSESSED with The Cafe at Books & Books on South Beach (the Coral Gables location doesn't have a vegan selection). First of all the SOBE location has a HUGE HUGE selection of Vegan and Vegetarian options. But to be honest I've never tried anything else because I'm really OBSESSED with the VEGAN CURRY CHICKEN SALAD, OMG it's amazing. I literally plead with people to try it and its a smash hit every time! It's just so spectacular! Do yourself a favor, go, order this and tell everyone else you know. :-D (It seriously deserves 5 cows but it won't let me mark them because it's not a solely veggie eatery.)

Pros: Killer Vegan and Veggie Food, HUGE menu selection for ALL diet types

Cons: Occasionally questionable table service

Great Veg and Vegan Options - Edit

I've been to two Books & Books, and the one on Lincoln Road in Miami has a great menu with plenty of delicious vegan options. This is one of my favorite places to go in Miami. It has delicious soups, black bean hummus, and vegan fare with a tropical flare. I also like the bookstore...

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, fun location

A great place for people watching - Edit

Great place for people watching! The Café at Books & Books is located along a pedestrian mall on Lincoln Road in South Beach. In addition to the shopping, the street littered with several restaurants with outdoor seating area - the atmosphere was great and we enjoyed our afternoon there.

The nice thing about this restaurant is the separate vegan menu...extra points from me! I recommend the vegan platter and would likely go back again.

Great VEGAN options! - Edit

This place is perfect! Right on Lincoln Road and has a lot of vegan and vegetarian options. The quinoa with tofu is delicious. The vegetarian sandwich is really good too (it's not vegan becuase the non-chicken meat has whey.. that's a detail of them). The prices are reasonable. They give a bean and hummus paste as an appetizer that tastes great! They also have a very good very good ginger/carrot cake as dessert. The service is good too.

Pros: Vegan Menu, Convenient, Reasonable prices

Cons: Can't think of any

A vegan menu section and daily vegan specials - Edit

I ate dinner here twice during my visit to Miami Beach. They had a section on the menu titled "VEGAN", which is so nice because I do not have to play 20 questions with the server and make them double check things with the chef. On their daily specials they also had a few more vegan options along with a vegan carrot cake for dessert. The portions were hearty sized and the food tasted wonderful! The first visit I ordered grilled vegetables with coconut quinoa. It was so awesome and huge!!!! I think it was a whole bunch of broccoli with squash and other veggies as well. The quinoa coconut was to die for! The second time I ordered a grilled tofu salad that was also large and tasty! My husband ordered the same thing both times -- brown coconut rice with a black bean soup and avocado. We also ordered a side of fried yuca one night and some other type of sweet potato side item the other night. The vegan carrot cake was so decadent! Seating is outside, if it is chilly they have little heaters to keep you warm. There is a ton of interesting people watching at this outdoor mall too. The services was great! I wish this restaurant was in my home town.

Pros: Numerous VEGAN options, good size portion for the price, daily vegan specials

Cons: none

Return to Miami Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Cafe at Books and Books closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3255 times since Jan 2010.