Thai Vegan

505-884-4610

5505 Osuna Rd NE (at San Mateo), Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA, 87108

Offers primarily Thai food such as pad thai, larb, satay, curry, and orange "chicken" with choice of tofu or faux meats. Also veg burgers, wraps, salads, and fries. Casual atmosphere. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-2:30pm, Mon-Fri 5:00pm-9:00pm, Sat 11:00am-9:30pm, Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Thai, Take-out, Asian

First Review by Karla Linden, LMT

Friendly service and fresh food - Edit

Staff is very nice and helpful. Food was very fresh and came very fast. Very satisfied with Thai Vegan. Also has many rewards they display in the restaurant. Clean tables and has television.

Quaint and cozy! - Edit

Glad we found this place. The environment was very friendly and cozy. We went during lunch and the place was pretty active and busy. The food was very good. I had the spicy noodles w/ pepper steak lunch special, good pick!

Will accommodate food allergies and dietary restrictions! - Edit

I am SOS-Free (Salt, Oil, and Sugar) and they had NO problems having the chef make it happen. Two HUGE thumbs up.

The Best Vegan Food in Albuquerque - Edit

The Best Vegan Food in Albuquerque

Pros: Everything! Amazing Staff :) Amazing Food

AMAZING - Edit

I LOVE this place. Great food and wonderful people! i have tried a ton of different things and they are all great! Highly recommend!!!

Excellent Thai food! - Edit

This is one of two locations. It's a smaller and older location, but still clean and comfortable. The menus are the same between the two restaurants and the same as the menus at Urban Vegan in Chicago. The food is made fresh, it's flavorful, and the prices are very fair. If you like Thai food, this is your place.

Pros: 100% Vegan, Great food, Fair prices

Excellent!! - Edit

I love Thai Vegan! Excellent food, every single time. Everything on the menu is fantastic and the service is amazing.

Pros: delicious, friendly service, great atmosphere

Awesome Place - Edit

Same menu and quality as at the Nob Hill location. Perfect portions, good service, and a wide variety of good vegan options. The vegan chicken is the best!

Pros: Good price, All vegan!

Cons: Location

Thai Vegan has 3 new locations - Edit

Thai Vegan is now in Knob Hill in Albuquerque and Santa Fe and Tucson. The staff is great. The food is excellent, especially if Pat, the owner is in the kitchen. Pat's food was always consistent. His chefs that take over for him are not always as consistent. But the food is great. Try the new barbque wings. Some meat eaters willl not know they are not meat.

Consistently Good, Nice Selection - Edit

Eat here regularly, there is always something on the menu perfect for the evening. The food is always good, even your non-veg friends and family will enjoy eating here. The portions are always perfect for my liking.
Good service and prices as well.

Pros: Food and Taste, Service

Contributions +25

Best Vegan Food and Best Thai! - Edit

Love this place. Always excellent service. Everything on the menu is great. Cute little place. Always a great experience. So glad this is in Albuquerque!

Pros: large menu, delicious, excellent service

Amazing - Edit

While traveling to New Mexico on business for two weeks, I visited Thai Vegan on a regular basis. All of my vegan meals were delicious. The main dishes and desserts were amazing. All vegans should visit this location when in the area.

Pros: Delicious, Friendly staff, Healthy

Delicious vegan-asian in ABQ - Edit

We visited Thai Vegan in 2010 when it must've been rather new (and had no reviews), and again recently in 2014. In 2010, we were blown away by the staff's willingness to accommodate two late night guests 10 minutes before closing. This appears to be a family-run restaurant and while not all staff are extremely fluent in English, they are very helpful and friendly. We got a complimentary appetizer, and after skimming over the huge menu we ordered pad thai and yellow curry dinner specials, which came with rice, salad, and spring rolls. The presentation is colorful and decorative, and the pad thai and yellow curry rivaled some of the best out there. In 2014, we were pleased to find the restaurant packed for dinner, clearly thriving. We again ordered the pad thai, and this time got the won ton noodle soup. The pad thai was delicious as before, though they managed to get some cilantro in it (I'm allergic to cilantro and had notified them). The won ton noodle soup was good but we were disappointed that there were only 3 dumplings in a huge bowl of soup which left us wanting a little more. The staff was just as friendly and attentive as when we were the only two in the restaurant in 2010, they seemed to have expanded their family restaurant to include many more to wait tables and ensure everyone was taken care of. Thai Vegan is definitely a favorite of ours, and we're glad to see it's expanded to a couple other cities!
Updated from previous review on Tuesday October 07, 2014

Pros: Large menu, Colorful & inspired dishes, Exceptional service

Cons: Busy during dinner, Parking fills up fast, Allergy-friendly but not perfect

Great Vegan Food - Edit

It would be a 5 star if it was all organic, but the food is very good!

The fried tofu, spring rolls, and desert spring rolls are great- so is the Pad Thai...waiting for my cashew 'chicken' lunch combo now!! Here it is!

Pros: easy parking, friendly staff, good portions

Cons: a little pricey , no organic soy

The BEST Thai Food Anywhere! - Edit

Chef Pat makes the best Thai food. I've eaten Thai all over the world and this is the best. Don't miss this!!!

Pros: Delicious , Affordable, Good Portions

Vegan heaven! - Edit

When we opened the menu we all thought we had died and gone to vegan heaven! So many options and all things we could eat! The food was excellent! The service started out great but then in about 20 minutes time the place was full with only 2 waitstaff. They were doing their best but it took a while to order dessert and get our check. I would suggest going for an early dinner if you're going for dinner

Pros: A lot of options, Yummy food

Cons: Need more staff at peak hours

It's vegan - Edit

I keep on going back here like beat up spouse crawling back because you think that's the only option here.
I just bought 2 dishes of the garlic beef. They always screw it up. This was just bad. It was as if they took the amount of soy beef for 1 dish and split it up for 2 dishes. It was like a snack. So they messed up the dish, and there wasn't even substance with it. I got a box full of everything I requested not to be in it. I'm done with this place. No more. Never again.
I've been here about a dozen times or more. I just felt as though I should support vegan restaurants. I am happy it seems most people do like this restaurant. But after my last time there, I decided it's just not for me. I spent a little over $20 on just me for take out. I emphasized no mushrooms. This is because every time they keep on putting mushrooms when I ask them not to. Sure enough my dishes had mushrooms. So after eating my dishes at my shop I was still hungry. The del taco bean burrito was more satisfying then any dish I've got from here. I know it sounds mean but I know I'm not the only one who thinks this way. We just don't want a vegan restaurant to go away. But I still do not have a good vegan restaurant here. I look forward to anytime I go to LA, Phoenix, or Denver, just to eat good vegan food.
Updated from previous review on Saturday October 22, 2011

Pros: vegan

Cons: taste, cost, quality

Thai Vegan is tasty every time - Edit

I've been eating at Thai Vegan at least once a week since May 2012. The food has been consistently high quality. It's my favorite restaurant in Albuquerque.

Pros: tasty food, lots of protein variety , great staff

Cons: none

Return to Albuquerque Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Thai Vegan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.