American
Thai
Take-out
Asian

Offers primarily Thai food such as pad thai, larb, satay, curry, and orange "chicken" with choice of tofu or faux meats. Also veg burgers, wraps, salads, and fries. Casual atmosphere. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-8:00pm, Sun 5:00pm-8:00pm.

Venue map for Thai Vegan
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by Karla Linden, LMT

zoeythebird

Points +53

02 Mar 2024

Delicious

We got the glass noodles, ginger veggies, and pineapple fried rice. All delicious!

amberbee

Points +61

26 Dec 2023

Fantastic!

I had wonton soup and yellow curry, and both were amazing! This is a cute little restaurant and even had some live music to offer. I’m definitely be back

SoyKal-El

Points +3496

29 Nov 2023

Almost excellent

There is a lot that is great about Thai Vegan though I agree with previous reviewers that some dishes are too sweet and some too salty. If those were adjusted it would be excellent. Also, the spice levels are quite low here.

Pros: Huge menu, Nice restaurant setting

Cons: Sweet dishes tend to be too sweet, Savory dishes are a bit too salty , Limited spiciness

Czyzewski

Points +50

Vegetarian
12 Nov 2023

Excellent!

While visiting friends in Albuquerque we ate here and loved it - so did our non-vegetarian friends. We felt like fries and so, for the first time, had sweet potato fries with a thai dinner and they were so good, fresh and crisp. All the food we had was very good and freshly made.

Pros: excellent food with lots of choices, beautifully presented, friendly wait staff

Cons: no cons

m@earthville

Points +9174

22 Oct 2023

Great if you know what to order

We’ve enjoyed Thai Vegan for years, and though there have been ups and downs, it’s still a go-to in ABQ.

The red curry is exceptional, with authentic and delicious flavor. The combo meals give you a healthy balance, adding a simple salad to go with your indulgent bits. The Thai iced tea is great. The PET is pretty good, too. Praram’s Plate unfortunately contains very little spinach (it’s mostly faux chicken and rather sweet peanut sauce). The dumplings were once divine but now just OK. The pad sie-eww is also middling.

If you’re a fan of authentic Thai food (as served in Thailand), one thing to bear in mind is that some of the dishes here have been Americanized to varying degrees. One common expression of that is excess sweetening of the sauces (sometimes to dessert levels), as well as the usual taming of the spice levels. Try a few dishes and soon you’ll find your faves.

Service is generally warm and helpful, and there’s ample parking on the lot out front.

Enjoy!

Updated from previous review on 2023-07-03

CuddlyKitten

Points +158

19 Oct 2023

Savory Curry & Exceptional Iced Latte

The food was incredibly delicious. I had the yellow curry with brown rice, along with an iced latte. All of it was the best Thai I’ve had in a long, long time (and I’ve had some excellent Thai meals in the past at other restaurants, so the comparison is apt.)

Not only was this “primo” dining, it was 0 vegan! Since I went vegan almost 2 years ago after decades of being vegetarian, this was important, as you can imagine!

The atmosphere is very relaxing, and elegant/casual. Because it is friendly, though, I did not feel out of place in my jeans and t-shirt.

Pros: Food!!!, Friendly & Quick Service!!!, Beautiful Atmosphere (Plants & Art etc.)

thetravelingvegan

Points +1071

30 Aug 2023

Thai vegan can’t go wrong

First off this is not related to the Thai vegan restaurant in Rancho Cucamonga. It’s more Americanized but they have all the classics from A-to-Z, plus some western stuff like wraps and burgers. The chicken satay skewers and the steamed dumplings were a great to start off with. Perfectly executed. The chicken with salad was served cold and had a very savory dressing. Fresh vegetables for sure. I had the mushroom steak and loved it. So happy to come across this as an option as we were just passing through town

phytophilous

Points +163

28 Aug 2023

Simply delicious

What a treat to have every offering be vegan and delicious! With a huge and eclectic menu, there is something for everyone.

Pros: All vegan menu, Comfortable ambiance, Great food

tandy2

Points +60

23 Aug 2023

More spice needed

I ordered the eggplant entree w/tofu, 4 hot. The meal quickly arrived; warm. The dish was sweet, so I asked for chili paste. The overall taste was too mild, for my Thai experience. The tofu was somewhat tough and lacking in flavor. All was not lost, there was plenty of eggplant chunks, the rice blend was delicious, and the meal was filling. Also, enough for a later meal. 3.5 Stars.

Pros: Plenty of eggplant chunks, Rice blend, Food was filling

Cons: Tofu somewhat tough, Food too sweet , Not enough basil spice

Knoxland

Points +593

29 May 2023

Not What it Use to Be

The Central Ave location was the best and the staff exceptional with customer service. Plate helpings wer abundance while pushing non GMO and organic. Those days are over and of course, things change. Spicy fried rice is a disappointment. Something about the rice (depends on who cooks it, I suppose). No mint leaf not cucumbers on the inner sides. Quality drooped and not that into Thai Vegan for long time.

Updated from previous review

Updated from previous review on 2023-05-29

Jason.Fontana

Points +1587

23 May 2023

Truly Amazing

The food and service were amazing.

grace_face

Points +292

11 May 2023

Thai Tea and Orange “chkn”

Absolutely amazing and had the orange chicken and the pad Thai. It was super fast, easy and the Thai tea was DELICIOUS. Definitely go back.

brea224

Points +15

Mostly Veg
26 Mar 2023

Love.

Had dumpling appetizers and fresh rolls and then the spicy eggplant and the pad Thai. Everything was delicious!!

I had a Thai iced tea made with coconut cream instead of soy milk and it was really tasty. The honey ginger tea is also delicious.

My husband is vegetarian and I am an obnoxiously selective omnivore (grew up with chefs) and we loved it all and will be back.

Pros: All options are vegan , Honey was the only animal product we encountered , Omnivores will be fine eating here!

jshah

Points +62

18 Mar 2023

Excellent authentic

Excellent authentic taste. They use real traditional herbs to make it good.

Pros: Who place vegan , Traditional flavors, Nice staff

kd26

Points +46

16 Feb 2023

all the options

love the variety of options & veg proteins! flat noodles & freshy rolls were delicious. they have fun dessert options too, but i was too full. Thai tea was excellent!

Pros: variety of veg protein options, something for everyone, cozy atmosphere

Mushroombone

Points +16

22 Jan 2023

Eat here regularly while visiting ABQ. The food is consistently great!

The owner and staff are always friendly and the food is fantastic.

ebsthompson

Points +22

19 Jan 2023

The best

Worth the drive from Santa Fe!

Pros: Fabulous

Cons: Good prices

begumby

Points +22

09 Jan 2023

A LOT of tasty vegan food

Heavy portions for the their lunch special, and the taste of all made a great lunch-stop for us. Fast service, very eclectic inside, and the menu is extensive. Can’t wait to come back again! #Veganuary

Pros: Service is excellent, Easy to find and park.

plantymom

Points +214

07 Jan 2023

Good food, tiny portions

We were under the impression that this was a counter service type place, but it’s a full, sit down restaurant. Service was very friendly, but exceedingly slow.

We ordered all three curries, and all three were very good, but we did leave hungry, and for the price, that was disappointing. We went in starved, so rather than ordering the lunch special, we ordered the full sized meal, anticipating that we’d need a little extra. The portions were so tiny, I can’t imagine how small the lunch must’ve been. #Veganuary

Pros: Completely Vegan, Great tasting food, Friendly staff

Cons: Pricey, Small portions , Slow service

GoodNewsVeg

Points +313

04 Dec 2022

Amazing. Vegan, or Not.

It's tough to find authentic Thai food, made with all of the flavors and spices you find in Thailand. We were THRILLED to find it in Albuquerque -- and beyond THRILLED to learn that the best Thai food in town was vegan. Our only complaint was how hard it was to decide what to order. Everything was perfect, from the tom yum soup to the curries, A+++. Thank you, Thai Vegan, for existing!

Pros: The Food., Friendly service.

Cons: It's in New Mexico, not Massachusetts, where I liv

ErikFranks

Points +112

18 Nov 2022

Great NM Vegan

Really enjoyed the chile relleno and very friendly staff

maryandclare13

Points +66

25 Oct 2022

Best Vegan Thai Cuisine Ever

This was by far my best vegan experience to date. We have been all over the US and tried many different restaurants touted by Happy Coq and this gets my top vote. Vegan protein choices abound here, as well as top notch flavor profiles all the way down to the teas. Our lunch specials included a salad, 2 spring rolls, brown rice, 2 dipping/dressing choices and entrees sweet n sour w/soy chicken, and mixed vegetables/tofu.

Pros: Entire menu is vegan, Reasonably priced, Top notch flavor profiles

Dipomaj69

Points +381

21 Oct 2022

Vegan Heaven

This place is amazing. Pages of vegan options. The egg rolls were amazing! The Pad Thai was a delight. Great vibe in the restaurant. Highly recommend!

Pros: Tons of options, Cool vibe, Really tasty food

JackVanHouten

Points +103

07 Oct 2022

This place is great! It is so amazing to have so many great items to choose from

An absolute MUST TRY if you visit Albuquerque. The food is a bit expensive, but you get large portions (all the better for leftovers). The Tom Ka Soup is my favorite.

ElissaBVegan

Points +2377

19 Sep 2022

Best Thai Food Outside of Thailand!

A dizzying array of mouthwatering options - all of them 100% vegan. Incredibly flavorful and delicious. A very, very special place. Friendly and fast service in a charming atmosphere. Love it!!!

Pros: All vegan , Scrumptious , Great service and attractive atmosphere

the.commutist

Points +20

05 Aug 2022

Just the best.

I’ve been to ABQ 3 times now, and have eaten here just about every day that I’ve been here on all 3 trips. It’s phenomenal. Get anything on the menu and you’re going to love it. Freshy rolls, curry dumpling, green curry, spicy noodles… all of it is great

Pros: It’s all vegan, It’s all delicious

LuliV

Points +126

Vegetarian
09 Jul 2022

The food was delicious! I strongly recommend this restaurant.

We had the Pad Thai combination, Yellow Curry and Chicken plate. We loved each plate! The first two were our favorite.

Updated from previous review on 2022-07-09

Pros: All vegan , Excellent seasoning , Fair prices