Thai Pavilion

Contact 815-756-6445

131 E Lincoln Hwy, Dekalb, Illinois, USA, 60115

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai food menu with some vegetable dishes that seem to be veg-suitable - ask to confirm. Soups that can be requested vegan include tom yum, tom kha (with coconut), vegetable soup. Has tofu so can request it in place of meat. Weekday lunch special comes with a roll that's veg but maybe not vegan. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Thai, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by AmandaPlantBased

Favorite Restaurant of mine - Edit

This is a favorite place of mine to go and was surprised it was not on happycow so I had to submit it. It has very delicious food and has a very nice staff. Typically I get take-out but the times I have dined in the experience was pleasant. What I typically get is either the red curry or the Tom Yum soup. Highly recommend those. If your like me and your not a tofu person and you say no meat or tofu they ask you if you want more veggies instead which is awesome. Their sweet sticky rice is amazing as well. So amazing my little birthday dessert was mango sweet sticky rice. Yes, I even put a candle on it (it was takeout so I was home). Typically our bill comes to about $40 for two people including the tip. We get two entrees and normally I get extra rice and also a dessert.

My only complanent is that it is a small location and there are only two sections of the restaurant which are hardly separated. One time I went I saw a group of 10-12 had a reservation and they looked like it was for a special occasion. However, there was a family with a small child who was also at the restaurant and the child screamed 6 times while we were there. Unfortunately there is not much room to move away from a disturbance like that.

Pros: Plenty of vegan options, Ability to substitute tofu for meat, Nice atmosphere and staff

Cons: Small so can't escape loud children, Not many vegan options that are not oily, not fully vegan :(

Return to Dekalb Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Thai Pavilion closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.