Taj of India

706-860-6665

502-7 Furys Ferry Rd, Augusta, Georgia, USA, 30907

Serves meat, vegan options available. Indian food menu with category for vegetarian dishes and has ingredient descriptions. Lunch buffet that typically has several vegetarian items - ask manager which are vegan.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Non-veg

First Review by planthealth

Veg friendly - Edit

When asked the manager quickly explained which items on the buffet were suitable for vegans. The manager “assumed” only the female in the party was vegan and brought out vegetarian bread. When I asked if it was vegan he quickly said “no”, he did not realize the man was also vegan, and quickly took the naan and brought a flat bread instead and said it was vegan.
The manager was consistently friendly and helpful. He kept water glasses filled and came to the table to check on us but not “too often”. Combined with a pleasant atmosphere it made for a very pleasant, relaxing lunch.
We like spicy food, particularly spicy Indian food, and we found the food rather bland. But we had a great time for lunch. While only less than half the buffet was suitable for vegans, it was enough to make it well worth the buffet price.

Pros: Willing to say vegetarian ON THE MENU, Willing to point out what is vegan, Nice atmosphere

Cons: I like spicy food and it was bland to me, menu is a little pricy

Return to Augusta Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Taj of India closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.