First Review by piratexchicx13

An Absolute Favorite - Edit

I grew up near Terre Haute, but I only get to visit a few times a year now. The Tahj Mahal is a must everytime that I come home. The food is delicious, and in my experience, the staff is willing to answer questions and make special orders. I had the saag chole with oil instead of ghee and the tandoori roti, but there is a large vegetarian section with many other items that are vegan or can be modified. Great portions for the price, and I love how the spicy the leftovers get after a day or two. I'd give this place 5 stars, if I could.

Pros: Vegetarian section with lots of veganizable option, Affordable dishes (like 2.99 lentil soup, 10.70 al, Lunch buffet with vegetarian options

Delicious Food - Edit

This is one of my favorite restaurants in town. It has vegan options and they are delicious. The first time I went the waiter told me exactly what was vegan friendly. The second time I went I double checked on the food I wanted and it was vegan. I've never had the lunch buffet so I'm not sure what vegan options they have on that.

Pros: Clean , Delicious, Quiet

Cons: Pricey

Taj Mahal in Terre Haute for a business lunch - Edit

Had a business lunch at Taj Mahal in Terre Haute today. The buffet had an adequate number of good vegan options. The staff was good in explaining which options were vegan. The cost was reasonable and the place was clean. I'll be back for more when I'm in the area. Check out our full review on IndyVeganFamily.com here: http://bit.ly/123WdTH

Pros: price, quality, having a vegan option in Terre Haute

Cons: limited vegan selection

First impressions - Edit

This was my first visit to Taj Mahal, and my first ever taste of Indian food. I was very surprised and pleased by the number of veg friendly foods available in the lunch buffet. I was able to eat as many things as my friends, which is a wondrous thing! The restaurant was clean and the staff friendly. Most importantly, the food was excellent, and I will be returning very soon.

Pros: excellent food, friendly/helpful staff, very good value

Return to Terre Haute Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Taj Mahal closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.