Tai Boh

Contact +372-6299218

Mere Pst 1, Tallinn, Estonia,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Asian fusion restaurant an interior designed by local artist and authentic chef from Thailand. Has a separate vegetarian menu that is mostly vegan. Extensive drinks list, including cocktails. Eccentric atmosphere with lots of art, located in a very central place in a historic building on the edge of Tallinn Old Town. Located on the second floor, in the same building as Manna La Roosa. Suitable for bigger groups. It is advisable to make a reservation beforehand, which is easy via their online reservation system. Open Mon-Thu 2:00pm-11:00pm, Fri-Sat 2:00pm-12:00am, Sat-Sun 12:00am-1:00am, Sun 2:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Thai, Asian, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by Morbid Cafe

good spot for bringing non-veg friends - Edit

I'm giving this place the benefit of the doubt because my non-veg family members all loved their food. They just happened to be out of the miso tofu soup I wanted because I went there half an hour before closing. I had a different soup (not listed on vegetarian menu) which was really good anyway. Service was good, decor scheme was quite unusual (think Terry Gilliam-style art everywhere, including ceilings). I wouldn't go again, necessarily, but it was good for what I needed (quick bite to eat after getting into the city late). A bit pricey, main courses range from about 12-25€.

Super impressed - Edit

When I first went to Tai Boh I was expecting an overpriced menu and poor food quality because it's nearly impossible to find good Asian food in Estonia.
How wrong I was! The food was excellent and authentic. The service is top notch (very un-Estonian) and the venue is super cool.

Of the multiple choices on the separate vegetarian menu only two are not vegan according to the waiter - fried rice and egg noodles in Pad Thai rolls. Fried rice can be made without egg.

I want to go back and spend the whole day there, lounging around and sipping cocktails.
The only downside is that the drinks and cocktails are really quite pricey by local standards.

Pros: Delicious Thai inspired food, Cool interior and ambiance , Good service

Cons: Pricey drinks, It's very popular - best make a reservation

Return to Tallinn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tai Boh closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 266 times since Jul 2016.