First Review by Hungry Couple

Great Vegan Fare - Edit

Being from Arizona, am always suspicious of "Mexican Food" not originating in the Southwest, but was very pleasantly surprised by how good this food was. We ordered the Garden Burrito and the Cactus Enchilada. Both were delicious, as well as the toppings at the salsa bar, which include cilantro, lettuce, lime & green as well as red salsa. We substituted guacamole for sour cream, which worked very well. Both dishes included rice and bean sides. Service was excellent and very fast. Fantastic food at a very inexpensive price.

Pros: Superb Food, Excellent Service, Lots of Parking

Great Place! - Edit

Coming from Texas, I did not expect that they would change from sautéing their vegetables to steaming them. However, they did and they made an awesome burrito full of steam vegetables. Give a try if you are in the area.

Cons: Did not have a rice dish not made with chicken sto

great vegan meal! - Edit

I ordered the "Le Jardin burrito". The knowledgeable server talked to the kitchen & had the vegetables steamed instead of cooked on the grill. 3 types of beans were all vegan!
Great salsa bar with cilantro, lettuce & sauces added all the flavor.
Be sure to remind them to hold the cheese & sour cream.

Delicious with great service - Edit

Arriving late to Williamsburg on a week night, I found this place was open until 10 so managed to get there by 9:20. First of all, they were welcoming and not the least bit concerned about my showing up close to closing time. Second, it was delicious food. The cactus enchilada was incredibly delicious and came with rice and beans that were also tasty - I think if one asked them to hold the sprinkle of cheese from on top of the beans it would've been vegan deliciousness. The servings were big and I still managed to clean my plate, and without that overfilled, heavy feeling that comes with eating too much cheese at most mexican restaurants.

The service was great - she refilled my water glass without my having to ask - and the cost was cheap, less than $9 for the meal sans beverages. I might go back there tonight for another helping of those enchiladas!

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff, fun atmosphere

Return to Williamsburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Taco Mexicali closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2016 times.