Sweet Basil Thai Cuisine

( 1 review )

5845 Brainerd Rd, Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA, 37411

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai food menu and sushi menu. Uses Thai ingredients like lemongrass, galangal, and basil to make the dishes. Ask for tofu as protein in place of meat in a dish. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-3:00pm, Mon-Thu 5:00pm-10:00pm, Fri 4:30pm-11:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-11:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Ovo, Japanese, Thai, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by thereallunchgirl

Thai comfort food - Edit

I found this place while driving through Chattanooga. The location seemed a little weird, but I went in anyway. At first glance it looked like they took an old restaurant and spruced it up. It looked like one of those buildings that would smell musty, but it didn't at all. The decor was actually very nice and delicately elegant. My pretty waitress, Fanny was extremely polite and maintained a genuine smile the whole time I was there. I was immediately baffled by the menu because it listed tradional Thai dishes, but most contained meat, and vegetarian was not denoted anywhere. Fanny explained to me that anything on the menu could be made vegan. So I ordered what I always order my first time at any Thai restaurant: Fried spring rolls, tea, and super spicy vegan phad thai with a side of peanut sauce. The food came out promptly and I never saw the bottom of my tea cup. The food was plated very nicely and flavors were pretty good. I would definitely go back when in town.

Pros: Clean, Elegant stemmed glasses, candles, and real napkins, Very pleasant employees.

Cons: Shares parking lot with other businesses., Weird lighted "watch your step" signs on floor., Cheap-style chopsticks.

Return to Chattanooga Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sweet Basil Thai Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.