First Review by crewumiami

RUDE! No thank you! - Edit

I have a service dog (small Yorkie carried in front carrier of my chest). When I enter most locations I'm asked, "Is this a service dog?" I reply with a "yes" and am able to be on my way. (Did you know, it's a felony to say your dog is a service dog if it isn't?"

When I entered Sun Harvest, as I always had to buy healthy produce, I wasn't greeted which is normal for a grocery store. I walked around the store, gathering my items. And then I came upon an employee stocking the shelves by the dairy. He looked at me and said, "dog is no come here." I said, "she's a service dog. She legally has every right to be here." He then repeated, "no dog come here! NO DOG COME!" My husband then walked up behind him after he went to get some honey and my husband asked, "is there a problem?" The employee turned back to do his work. I was highly insulted and agitated. I then asked for the mgr and explained the situation to him. He acted as though I was taking precious time from his day. He then gave a typical canned response, "I'll talk to him." Well the store was packed with employees, he never asked me who it was, where he was, nothing. I knew he was pacifying me and couldn't care less. I then came and send the corporate office a contact form where I explained in detail what happened and said I would like a call-back. It's been 6 months and I've never heard back from them.

If you don't mind paying high prices and being treated as a second class citizen, shop at Sun Harvest Farms. However, if you want a peaceful shopping experience, don't go there!

Cons: HORRIBLE STAFF, BAD MGMT, HIGH PRICES

Lots of options - Edit

It is not as grand as whole foods, but they have a variety of options and vegan and vegetarian options are available. Organic fruits and vegetables are available.

Pros: vegan options, good value

Return to El Paso Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Sun Harvest Farms closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.