CLOSED: Substitodo

( 1 review )

+49-3031804114

Wielandstraße 38, Berlin, Germany, 10629

Opened July 2014, this vegetarian restaurant is the first to offer CHAAPS vegetarian chicken wings in Germany. Variety of flavors. Approx. 30-40% of dishes are vegan. Confirmed closed, Oct 2014.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western

1 Review

First Review by J-Veg

Interesting concept - Edit

I first tried the Chaaps from their stall at the Berlin Vegan Summer Festival and it was delicious! The "fish" looked really interesting so I decided to go down to the restaurant to check it out.

At the restaurant we had Chaaps, which are a mixture of vegetable protein, soja protein and chic peas, which are moulded into "fillets" and grilled with spices and herbs. They were really tasty and had an interesting texture.

We also had the fish fillet, which was also quite interesting and had a similar texture to the Chaaps. for dessert we had chocolate mousse made from avacado, which was really rich and delicious.

Although not everything on the menu was vegan (some of it simply due to there being a yoghurt sauce), our server explained that they plan to increase the vegan offerings in future, including by switching to soya yoghurt. There were a lot of tradition German dishes and I would be interested to go back and try them all.

All in all it was a really interesting experience, especially for our meat-eating friends.

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Substitodo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.