First Review by mindymvegan

Decent alternative to Whole Foods - Edit

This Sprouts has a LOT of bulk items, but none that I found to be organic. They do have a small organic fresh fruits and vegetables section, but it isn't always consistent as far as what is available. As for the vegan options they have several things: vegan cheeses, vegan milks, vegan lunch meat, frozen vegan meat, and frozen vegan ice cream/desserts. Some of those I did not find at the nearest Whole Foods, but in general Whole Foods still has the most options. The customer service is really great as well. A cute place to check out and maybe get some vegan things you can't find elsewhere.

Pros: Unique options, Bulk section

Cons: Not always consistent

A good place for produce - Edit

I went shopping and had lunch here yesterday. This store has been around for a long time and is a valuable part of the community. They have weekly specials on produce that are tough to beat. Sprouts brand tofu is only 99 cents for a large package. The rest of their prices are on par with a specialty foods item store--expensive.

I tend to go there for their produce, and pick up a few other items that catch my eye. My mom likes to take their ads to Walmart and price match. (feels a little like cheating to me, but I try not to judge :) )

They have a deli area with homemade sandwiches available. There is one veggie option on the menu, but it's a pretty good one. The girl stacked on avocado, romaine, red onions, sprouts, red bell pepper, tomato, and cucumbers for me on a multigrain bread. A whole sandwich is only 2.99, and will fill you up.

I asked if they happened to have veganaise instead of mayonnaise, and she said no. Stuck with oil & vinegar and mustard. Stocking some would earn them bonus points with vegans. Also, I wouldn't have minded a pickle :)

Oh, and one final complaint--they don't have fountain drinks, so no ice water! For those of us not wanting a soda from the cooler, or warm tap water, you could have a water jug available.

Tip: Go on Wednesdays when their two weekly ads overlap, and there are double the deals.

Pros: Produce Prices, Veggie Sandwich, Double Deals on Wednesday

Cons: The rest of their prices, Only 1 veg option in cafe, Hydration Station

great place - Edit

Great place to go. Many bulk items available, lots of vegan options in the fridge but more vegetarian items in the freezer.

Pros: Friendly staff, selection, clean

Cons: not many packaged raw food items

Return to Mesa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sprouts Farmers Market - Brown closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 543 times since Aug 2007.